Interesting.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Interesting..

images

from a former Cards cheerleader

You're welcome

UConn makes a lot of sense for either the B1G or the ACC. Who else is their to tie up the Boston-NYC corridor. Actually they make more sense to go to the B1G in my opinion along with Kansas once the B12 implodes.

I say it in jest, after all the insiders that claim SU blocked PSU from joining the BE which led to the demise of the BE.
what??

seton hall, st johns and georgetown voted no.

Syracuse, bc, nova, storz and providence were the yes.

needed 1 more yes.

this is well documented.

We have no loyalties to UConn. LVille was the right play. Good on SU for recognizing this and supporting that move.

I think it speaks volumes that SU has aligned itself with FSU/Clemson rather than the Tobbaco Road Mafia. Mark this down...that could lead to trouble down the road.

UConn makes a lot of sense for either the B1G or the ACC. Who else is their to tie up the Boston-NYC corridor. Actually they make more sense to go to the B1G in my opinion along with Kansas once the B12 implodes.

Big 10 is going to add a program that has been playing 1A football for less than 10 years? There would be so much rolling over in graves, the Walking Dead would become a real life story. Bo and Woody would rip up that East Hartford soccer field seat by seat.

If the Big 10 wants to hurt the ACC, they'll go after 2 more ACC teams to get to 16.

what??

seton hall, st johns and georgetown voted no.

Syracuse, bc, nova, storz and providence were the yes.

needed 1 more yes.

this is well documented.

JoePa didn't care about facts then. We see now how well that worked out for him regarding his coaching staff.

If UConn goes to the B1G, BC and Syracuse are screwed.

It was the right call.

I have to believe that the ACC BB coaches also favored Louisville, right?

With Pitt, SU and the Cardinals, the ACC BB conference becomes a very imposing league.

Big 10 is going to add a program that has been playing 1A football for less than 10 years? There would be so much rolling over in graves, the Walking Dead would become a real life story. Bo and Woody would rip up that East Hartford soccer field seat by seat.

If the Big 10 wants to hurt the ACC, they'll go after 2 more ACC teams to get to 16.

When you think about it, Rutgers has only been playing football for 10 years.

It was the right call.

With Pitt, SU and the Cardinals, the ACC BB conference becomes a very imposing league.

Why would the ACC hoop coaches favor Louisville? UConn has been a better program the last 20 years. Hands down.

People need to get over the Calhoun/grades deal.

Did we actually have a vote?
No. Voting privileges will commence on July 1st, 2013.

Just because Syracuse didn't get a vote didn't mean that they didn't have an opportunity to express their impressions and preferences related to each school that was considered.

Why would the ACC hoop coaches favor Louisville? UConn has been a better program the last 20 years. Hands down.

I think the reality is... no one cares what the ACC B-Ball coaches think...

This is all about $$$ and football...

You're right - UConn has been a great program - better than Louisville.

But right now and probably for the foreseeable future, Louisville is the stronger program.

People may have to face up to it, but the fact is that Calhoun is gone and UConn has had problems.

Right now UConn with a new AD and new coaches in football and basketball. The AD didn't give Ollie a contract, keeping everything for basketball in flux including recruiting. If you're the ACC you don't need UConn until the basketball situation is fully resolved.

You're right, of course. All I am saying is that someone in that group voted for L'Ville in order for them to have the necessary votes.
The vote for Louisville was "unanimous". ;)

Very much so.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

shouldn't your handle be uconnguy? The Big 10 has no interest in UConn. And Uconn knows this.

Just like most here said the B10 had no interest in rutgirls.

Just like most here said the B10 had no interest in rutgirls.

Put me on that list for sure. Now I'm going all in on UConn. So they'll probably be Big 10 by next year.

I just don't see how having both of them adds value. If it really does, I would think even the donkeys running the Big East could have figured out how to make it work to their advantage.