Interm. | Syracusefan.com

Interm.

Nick44

All Conference
If things go down hill this year, could Gross fire him and say he was the Interm solution to Marrone's exit ala what OSU did following the Tressel dismissal? I know we can't but just sayin. I don't think he's ready, or even close. 3-4 seasons again like G-Rob decimates this program, again.

God I wish we could have gotten Addazio. I know he acts like a fool on te sidelines but at least he can coach. THIS should've been his next job.

If things go down hill this year, could Gross fire him and say he was the Interm solution to Marrone's exit ala what OSU did following the Tressel dismissal? I know we can't but just sayin. I don't think he's ready, or even close. 3-4 seasons again like G-Rob decimates this program, again.

God I wish we could have gotten Addazio. I know he acts like a fool on te sidelines but at least he can coach. THIS should've been his next job.
Not inconceivable. Keep in mind that Gross will be feeling a lot of heat if he appears to have made a second bad Fball HC decision. To save his skin he'll need a fall guy.

If we end the year 3-9 or 4-8 I think its possible SS is gone. NOT saying it should happen or would happen, just saying its possible!

There is no way Shafer is going to be fired after 1 season, nor should he. He at least should get the chance to make some changes with the staff himself before he should be feeling any heat. Sure the ways we are losing are disheartening, but in reality our record is probably right where many would have predicted at this time of the season. The end of our schedule really softens up, let's at least wait until we get Pitt, Wake, and BC at home

If we end the year 3-9 or 4-8 I think its possible SS is gone. NOT saying it should happen or would happen, just saying its possible!

You're an absolute fool.

There is no way Shafer is going to be fired after 1 season, nor should he. He at least should get the chance to make some changes with the staff himself before he should be feeling any heat. Sure the ways we are losing are disheartening, but in reality our record is probably right where many would have predicted at this time of the season. The end of our schedule really softens up, let's at least wait until we get Pitt, Wake, and BC at home

While I agree with you there is no denying one thing: regardless of the perceived lack of talent, new league BS, new staff BS, it is 100% on the coaches when a team loses be 56 or 49-14 or by 20+ to northwestern. We may not be good enough to win these games but we sure as hell should be able to play with these teams. When we get blown out like we have 3 out of the past five games versus BCS teams, that is on the coaches. It always will be. This isn't the talent level of 2008. Of which we didn't get blown out many games even that season.

I like Shafer, and I want him to succeed. I really wish we had gotten Charlie Strong
Whaaaaaa? You think Strong was leaving Louisville for Syracuse? Why not ask for Bill Cowher instead?

Wow can't believe some of you.. We'll I can but we all thought 6 wins was goal a lot of u had 4-8 and yes it could happen but c'mon. Shafer has done a decent job the staff is very green when comes to high pressure jobs, let's hope to get 6 wins and a top 50 recruiting class and see what next 2 seasons does. We can still win 4 of 5 and I won't stop believing that..

I love how people resort to namecalling instead of having a civil debate

Do you really think they're going to get rid of Shafer after one year? That's why it's not worth debating.

All of this Addazio love, but he's not setting the world on fire with a Senior QB/WR combo. Let's see what BC looks like after more than 6 games (2 wins are Army and Nova) before we act like we missed out on the next big thing.

Whaaaaaa? You think Strong was leaving Louisville for Syracuse? Why not ask for Bill Cowher instead?
I mean we hire him from Florida in 2009, in stead of Marrone

Do you really think they're going to get rid of Shafer after one year? That's why it's not worth debating.
What if the team tanks the rest of the season? You don't think Gross would have some thinking to do?

I didn't say they were going to fire him!!! I said it was possible though. Anything is possible! If we end up 3-9 and have a couple more 56-0 loses like today, it wouldn't shock me if he was canned. That's all I was saying. Jees take a chill pill!!

I don't, but that doesn't mean the new chancellor can't get rid of Gross. If things continue in this direction he will have failed on 2 out of 3 head coaches that he's hired for the most important collegiate sport (from a dollars standpoint). Not to mention the coach he did hire correctly was his 4th or 5th choice.

I mean we hire him from Florida in 2009, in stead of Marrone
If we had hired him in 2009 -- not sure he was even in the discussion -- and he had even a modicum of success, he's not at Syracuse in 2013. Louisville, with all their resources and recent success, will have a tough time holding onto him.

If we had hired him in 2009 -- not sure he was even in the discussion -- and he had even a modicum of success, he's not at Syracuse in 2013. Louisville, with all their resources and recent success, will have a tough time holding onto him.
Like Doug isn't in Syracuse in 2013. Would have been in the same boat.

Hire Tressel
When will you learn that nobody can? In order to hire him you have to "show cause" to the NCAA. In other words he is banned.

and been in better shape from it-

When will you learn that nobody can? In order to hire him you have to "show cause" to the NCAA. In other words he is banned.

Green Font I was just messing around...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom