Interm. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Interm.

The more I think about Tressel the more I think yes. I believe his show cause is that we do not get to play in the post-season in his first year and he has to sit the first five games of the season. Which if he follows the OSU model will be 4 cupcakes and 1 division game. I think Tressel would have a greater impact on recruiting than missing the 1 year of post season play...

Hmmmmmmm.....Interested or is it the beer talking...

The more I think about Tressel the more I think yes. I believe his show cause is that we do not get to play in the post-season in his first year and he has to sit the first five games of the season. Which if he follows the OSU model will be 4 cupcakes and 1 division game. I Tressel would have a greater impact on recruiting than missing the 1 year of post season play...

Hmmmmmmm.....Interested or is it the beer talking...
No that is not correct.

Are you sure? I thought I read those were the penalties plus you have to file a report every month or 2?

Are you sure? I thought I read those were the penalties plus you have to file a report every month or 2?
Yes, I am sure. You have to file a show cause with the NCAA before you hire him and that really means that they will tell you no. The show cause is in effect until He is toast until 2017.

Just get over it - he won't be coaching in college before then.

Just like Marrone the AD needs to give Shafer 4 or 5 years to recruit his own players and implement his coaching style.

A lot of people wanted Marrone fired and they all were furious when he left for the NFL las year. Let's give Shafer at least three more years and see how things work out.

Next years class looks solid with Long, Wiliams, Cooper, Roberts, etc. If MacDonald can also land Ishmael our problems at WR may be resolved and Terrell may be in for a battle with AJ for the starting QB position.

I'm as disappointed by today's outcome but this staff needs some time before we call for Shafer to be fired.

With respect to Tressel, Crusty had it right. Tressel will be coaching NOWHERE in the NCAA before 2017. The restrictions/bad will are too severe. If he is coaching anywhere, it will be NFL/NAIA/HS.

I love how people resort to namecalling instead of having a civil debate

Some statements are so ungrounded in reality that they leave no room for civil debate. Example:

The Buffalo Bills could win the Super Bowl this year! Not saying it should happen or will happen...but it's possible!

While taken at face value it is true - in a universe of nearly infinite possibilities, technically it is true that one possibility is the Bills winning the Super Bowl this year. However anyone looking to debate a statement that completely and totally asinine is left with no alternative but something along the lines of "What?!!?! You're a clown".

The issue isn't that people are unwilling to engage you in a civil debate...the issue is you are making asinine statements that don't allow for civil debate.

What is fair - "you're a clown" is not. Are we enemies on this site? Did your mother raise you to be too lazy to respond without calling names? Just don't respond if you can't refrain from ad hominem attacks and name calling. Anyway that is my 2 cents.

Remember when people were talking replacements for Marrone last year when we were 2-4? That was cool.

Let's give Shafer at least three more years and see how things work out.
3 more years? Hell no! He gets 1 more year and if he isn't winning he's gone! You can't let a coach dig a grave (aka GROB) and keep saying..."he just needs time". I agree firing him after this year (minus a total meltdown) isn't fair. But he will get 1 more year and if its less than 6 wins and a bowl then he should get the ax!

What is fair - "you're a clown" is not. Are we enemies on this site? Did your mother raise you to be too lazy to respond without calling names? Just don't respond if you can't refrain from ad hominem attacks and name calling. Anyway that is my 2 cents.

Agree 100%!! Either have a debate on a topic or don't. There is no rule that people have to respond to every post/topic! The elementary school childish namecalling says alot about some people. It's sad that adults can't articulate an opinion without resorting to pre-teen like antics/namecalling. Really sad

I like Shafer, and I want him to succeed. I really wish we had gotten Charlie Strong

What? In what universe was Charlie Strong ever coming here, either before or after he was hired at Louisville?

SHAFER IS WAITING FOR THE NIU JOB.

NOT REALLY WAS JUST WONDERING IF PEOPLE GET A HIGH FROM STUPID POSTS. I'M GOING TO GIVE IT A WHILE AND SEE.

Remember when people were talking replacements for Marrone last year when we were 2-4? That was cool.

At the end of the year we did have to find a replacement for Marrone. :)

If we had hired him in 2009 -- not sure he was even in the discussion -- and he had even a modicum of success, he's not at Syracuse in 2013. Louisville, with all their resources and recent success, will have a tough time holding onto him.

Where? Hates the SEC and he hates good ole' boys. Strong would have been a great choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom