Internal promotion? | Syracusefan.com

Internal promotion?

SWC75

Bored Historian
If we do loose Marrone, who should we be looking for to replace him? Sicne things are going pretty good and players ahve been recruited for the offensive and defedsive strategies we are using, I'd like to promote from within if possible. Marrone may take some of the candidates with him but if we offer the opportuinity to be the ehaqd coach of an up and coming program, we might be able to keep our candidate here. Who should it be?

The obvious place to look would be the co-ordinators. Shafer is the sneior man and the most highly regarded but Hackett put this attack together with Marrone. Is it more improtant to keep us in the same offensive mode or the same defensive mode. Maybe Shafer would be willing to stay on and work under Hackett just as Deleone worked under Pasqualoni, who was the junior man in age, experience and tenure with the team.

The senior man on the whole staff is John Anselmo, who is age 63. He would proably be a temporary fix but most coaching tenures are temporary these days. And he has all those New York City, Long Island and JUCO contacts.

We're going to a southern league. Should we have a southern coach like Greg Adkins? Like Marrone, he's an O-line guy and it was the development of the O-line that produced the turn-around.

Everybody seems to love Tyrone Wheatley.

Or if we like having a Syracuse guy in charge, how about Rob Moore?

There are many good picks on this staff. My choice is Shafer but i could also be sold on some of the others. I dont think that many expected PP to be Jakes choice when Mac left and he worked out pretty good.

Not sure...but if we need to find a coach now it will be bad.

Marrone will likely take several guys off the staff. It is late in the hiring cycle for college coaches and we would probably either hire within or get a young guy like the coach at Toledo.

Isn't there a thread on this already that you even posted in?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Isn't there a thread on this already that you even posted in?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wanted to specifically dicuss the staff. Sometimes when you post in an existant thread it gets lost so if you want to go off in a different direction or focus on somehting more specific it's best to put it in a new thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom