internet wifi game 1 vs game 2 | Syracusefan.com

internet wifi game 1 vs game 2

upperdeck

Living Legend
this was lost in a several threads and trying to gather some information to pass along. come back after the game and give feedback on game 1 vs game 2 experience

if you had service post your section and (provider if it was 4g) or (wifi) if you tried to use that.

Don't know what happened this year. Sec 249 last year was great WiFi, was terrible last Friday. There's a router/booster right over our heads. Will report back, if i remember!

I was in 126. Was able to stream another game. Was using 4G.

WiFi was super slow in 301. Surprising, since I'm only 20 rows directly under the coordinator booths. Verizon.

WIFI in 308... Was unable to connect all game... First time that's happened in 3 years.

331. Wifi when I first got there. Soon after there was zero wifi, and a lot of the game my phone actually said "no service". When I had it it was either 3G or 1x. (Verizon)

Last edited:
Section 130. No throughput on WiFi although I was able to connect to the network. I turned off my WiFi hoping to get 4G (Verizon) and it was serviceable for twitter but I wouldn't have been able to view any kind of media.

Connected to wifi in section 213, couldn't load anything so went to cellular.

I'm sorry but shouldn't have this all been tested way before the first game? It doesn't seem like the University is proactive in anything, just reactive.

you cant test wifi if you dont have 20K in the stands to test it with.. it may work fine with 20 people in the dome. Same for Cell service, its the load that causes the issue.

Sec 124. Verizon.

Similar to Goose, little to no throughput (tried streaming the IMG radio broadcast, without success) but was able to load the game thread although very slow. 4G data was also very weak and intermittent.

I think there is a company based right out of Syracuse that sell's equipment to larger stadiums/venues for exactly the issue Syracuse runs into regarding the overwhelming of network communications.

Section 210 / Row A was able to connect to internet via WiFi. Expect better service tomorrow since university is aware of problem.

you cant test wifi if you dont have 20K in the stands to test it with.. it may work fine with 20 people in the dome. Same for Cell service, its the load that causes the issue.
Gotcha...thanks

I'm sorry. I'll get booted for this comment... but you are at an SU game...one of the better venues in college football... put your damn phones away and drink some crappy Budweiser and enjoy the game. Is this really the best thing we have to bitch about?

I'm sorry. I'll get booted for this comment... but you are at an SU game...one of the better venues in college football... put your damn phones away and drink some crappy Budweiser and enjoy the game. Is this really the best thing we have to bitch about?

I'm a product of the Information Age.

I can't watch a game unless there are 10 people on Twitter describing each play.

I agree. But there's not much we can do about that, except offer better in-game entertainment and hope they can put their phones down for a minute.

i think the issue is all the other stuff going on.. like scores/stats/ other games/dead time which is 75% of the actual 4 hrs.

I can't say I disagree, but...
Two things: even if I ignore my phone, which I try to do, I like to look at out of town scores during breaks and at the half. And since they don't do it very well at the dome, it takes my phone to do that.
And, if my wife needed to reach me for some reason, it is a phone and texting machine after all, she couldn't have when I couldn't even get the cell service I get charged for.

I was looking up out of town scores since they don't announce them

I like to check the out of town scores on my phone because for some reason they no longer put them on the jumbotron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom