IPF

• build it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • now please

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Toga

Living Legend
From a month and a half ago I thought this was a done deal. Maybe I'm misreading things, but am getting the feeling that the project is not a go until a certain percentage / dollar amount of the costs is fundraised before construction begins. If so (if), how is this any different than where things stood when BBHCDM was here?

Someone talk me down.

I get the same feeling as you. I thought the whole purpose of the announcement was that construction was beginning right away and they were leveraging the ACC incoming dollars and fundraising along the way during construction.

Although I have heard that the plans are not complete yet, so they can't begin building...if they don't know what they are building.

I get the same feeling as you. I thought the whole purpose of the announcement was that construction was beginning right away and they were leveraging the ACC incoming dollars and fundraising along the way during construction.

Although I have heard that the plans are not complete yet, so they can't begin building...if they don't know what they are building.

If that is true that the plans aren't complete yet that will definitely slow everything down. It's difficult to put plans out for bid if they aren't finalized. Then the contracts will have to be drawn up, permits to be had, monies to be raised.
Commercial construction= long drawn out process.

If that is true that the plans aren't complete yet that will definitely slow everything down. It's difficult to put plans out for bid if they aren't finalized. Then the contracts will have to be drawn up, permits to be had, monies to be raised.
Commercial construction= long drawn out process.

I shouldn't say that the plans aren't complete yet as I don't know. I do remember a poster on here saying that he was involved in the process from a contractor standpoint and the job had not been awarded. That was right around the time of the announcement.

Nothing has been released as of yet. I was on the Jason Poles thread and he said that more information was coming on March 19 as it appeared the renderings were not finished.

I just wish there was more information.

the timing was to get it done for spring practice. these things take about 8 months to put up, so still plenty of time.

The location is right next to the football practice fields and there are no survey stakes anywhere in sight.

From what i hear, the IPF has not been fully designed yet. That aspect should be completed soon.

I posted on another thread that I have friends that are in the architect business. My understanding is that the architect and design is selected and the bid awarded at this point. Also my understanding it was not a local firm. As far as any information not being out in public yet that I am not sure, but I am sure there is a reason, possibly some finalization of feasabilities and what not.

According to my sources as I understand it that there may be a big announcement on Monday or following Monday. Some big get together for major donors pre introduction of IPF to public. Maybe the premium donors can explain it better.

The guys that use the track field for cricket are going to be very disappointed. I would offer them the ability to play once a week at night if they are willing to make a small gift towards building the facility.

The International Student Cricket Team Indoor Practice Facility sounds good to me.

The guys that use the track field for cricket are going to be very disappointed. I would offer them the ability to play once a week at night if they are willing to make a small gift towards building the facility.

The International Student Cricket Team Indoor Practice Facility sounds good to me.
Wonder if it was the same group of clowns that took over the quad during the week to play cricket? Such a pain in the ass to be late for class because you had to walk all the way around their game

Wonder if it was the same group of clowns that took over the quad during the week to play cricket?

By clowns, you mean a bunch of Indian and Pakistani guys who are playing their respective countries' most popular sport?

By clowns, you mean a bunch of Indian and Pakistani guys who are playing their respective countries' most popular sport?
No problem with them playing a popular sport in their country. I do have a problem when it hampered my ability to walk through the quad.

I'm pretty sure ultimate frisbee in the middle of the quad would be equally annoying to the poster.

Wonder if it was the same group of clowns that took over the quad during the week to play cricket? Such a pain in the ass to be late for class because you had to walk all the way around their game
I almost got pegged by the ball cause I was walking behind them and the batter hit a "foul ball" in my direction while watching a more important sport. It was kind of humorous to see the little guy run for the ball though. He was trying so hard but it looked like a struggle to me. Ok I went on a rant.

No problem with them playing a popular sport in their country. I do have a problem when it hampered my ability to walk through the quad.

They let me bowl a couple of throws once (pitch a couple of balls? Not sure on the term here). I can't hate.

They let me bowl a couple of throws once (pitch a couple of balls? Not sure on the term here). I can't hate.
The bowler bowls the ball to the batsman.

Now if it were a bunch of Aussies playing - then by all means - clowns.

Cricket smack talk. I've seen it all now.

Cricket smack talk. I've seen it all now.
Cricket is a great sport. Its always on tv when I travel to the Carribean. The top players are treated like royalty.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2