IPF | Syracusefan.com

IPF

OttoMets

Living Legend
Some details: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2Xo82GXTbPdWWFLUEFpRzVkVzA/edit

Still working toward a groundbreaking (projected next month with a completion by May).

A couple things I found interesting:

Manley has 1,164 parking spaces (this came up in a recent thread).

SU is going to salvage the Vielbig bleachers and install them in the south end of the soccer stadium.

the most interesting response is to question #24:

"Does the project involve local, state or federal funding?" Response: "No"

So all funding is going to be private.

The interesting thing I noticed was the 18,000 SF Future Athletic Facility that appears will be located next to the IPF. I wonder what this will be utilized for? Storage possibly? 18,000 seems like a lot for that though.

The interesting thing I noticed was the 18,000 SF Future Athletic Facility that appears will be located next to the IPF. I wonder what this will be utilized for? Storage possibly? 18,000 seems like a lot for that though.
Weight Room? 18k SQ Ft seems to be about the new standard.

Track?

Track?

Too small for a track (that'd take at least five times as much space).

I'm leaning toward Mark's speculation, unless it's just a large storage space.

That space is for the future "Playa's Club"

(it was announed on the pay side last week...)

8370a8edd51809f106082ef07c35ef3c.jpg

72695-Make-it-rain--Imgur-tmOk.gif

"The Syracusefan.com Center for Athletic Performance"

So in lamen's terms, a weight room donated by us diehards.

The "SU2NASA Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too"
Bahahaha blue steal anyone and don't forget there is no left turning in the parking lot either

Sources say that the IPF was delayed due to HCSS wanting certain design elements missing in original design - the future of SU football really is now truly in the hands of HCSS - facilities and program.

I'm a little concerned - we really need to win and go to a bowl game this year - it would be hard to recover from anything less. Nuff said.

Sources say that the IPF was delayed due to HCSS wanting certain design elements missing in original design - the future of SU football really is now truly in the hands of HCSS - facilities and program.

I'm a little concerned - we really need to win and go to a bowl game this year - it would be hard to recover from anything less. Nuff said.

Can someone please get the man some sharks with laser beams?

Are these 2 different thoughts here?
IPF delayed (I'm ok as long as it's only a few weeks delay. Jut get shovels in the ground)
We need to win

I thought they originally said a portion of the SF of the IPF would be for storage, but if there is 18,000 SF of a separate facility who knows what that could be. I love Mark's idea though, that would be amazing

It would be another plus if this project is completed by May of next year. Recruiting visits should be in full swing by then. What better then to show off a brand spanking new 100,000+ SF IPF!!

How much space is needed to store a field's worth of Field Turf, or a new roof for the Dome? At some point the new turf in the Dome won't be new anymore. Is there practical use for the old stuff?

If it is a new weight room, can the equipment in Manley be relocated? Or would that become a present to lax / other teams.

And how do we have a track team without a track? The facility puzzle can't be considered finished without one.

Or a huge new Hall of Fame / Museum?

Are these 2 different thoughts here?
IPF delayed (I'm ok as long as it's only a few weeks delay. Jut get shovels in the ground)
We need to win

Yes just my 2 main SU random thoughts & concerns for 2013.

Regarding IPF, it may get delayed until next year unfortunately until new Chancellor is appointed is what I'm hearing.

Yes just my 2 main SU random thoughts & concerns for 2013.

Regarding IPF, it may get delayed until next year unfortunately until new Chancellor is appointed is what I'm hearing.

Chancy Nancy needs to start rubber stamping athletic dept requests on her way out.

The IPF is so field of dreamsy. If we build it wins, recruits and fans will come