Iroquois upset Team USA at U19 Games | Syracusefan.com

Iroquois upset Team USA at U19 Games

Wow! hello from Turku, Finland again, guys I know you are all from USA but I saw history being made today!. As USA warmed up on the field I walked past the Iroquois huddle outside the stadium in their make-shift locker rooms with the coaches saying "lets make history today"......and that is exactly what happened, what an amazing game, it was roller coaster ride, with USA taking leads and Iroquois typically fighting back with un-answered goals, there where amazing goals from both sides including heavy rips from Tucker and Tagliaferri! heavy hits from both sides, an amazing hidden ball trick that fooled the online cameras from the creators of the game and was in the net before most of the crowd even realised even the Canadian coaches sat in front of me scouting the game, it drew oohs and arrs from the crowd, Randy Staats is a player and scored some great goals even on one leg, Cuse needs this kid!
Lyle Thompson is the coolest kid uner pressure and re-lived the Cuse Albany game by standing and handling the ball with high pressure in the last few minutes to draw a penalty that Jonny Powless eventually scored from the power play! Lyle at one point dodged at the top of the box and dangled his stick outback until the US D bit, he then moved his stick and fired a low shot into the bottom corner of the US goal.

Warren Hill in goal for the Iroquois was on point all day and has quick hands and is very agile at one point when scores where level in the forth quarter he made an amazing save baiting the shooter to shoot high, he then sprung up to make the save and cleared to Thompson who was already on the halfway line to start a break that was finished by Staats, everyone in the crowd knew that the US had not only lost the first game in history to Canada but had also lost their second game to the creators of the game.

The Crowd applauded both teams from the field as they knew that not only had history been made twice but also that they had probably watched one the greatest games ever to happen in Europe!

I'll be back

Wow! hello from Turku, Finland again, guys I know you are all from USA but I saw history being made today!. As USA warmed up on the field I walked past the Iroquois huddle outside the stadium in their make-shift locker rooms with the coaches saying "lets make history today"......and that is exactly what happened, what an amazing game, it was roller coaster ride, with USA taking leads and Iroquois typically fighting back with un-answered goals, there where amazing goals from both sides including heavy rips from Tucker and Tagliaferri! heavy hits from both sides, an amazing hidden ball trick that fooled the online cameras from the creators of the game and was in the net before most of the crowd even realised even the Canadian coaches sat in front of me scouting the game, it drew oohs and arrs from the crowd, Randy Staats is a player and scored some great goals even on one leg, Cuse needs this kid!
Lyle Thompson is the coolest kid uner pressure and re-lived the Cuse Albany game by standing and handling the ball with high pressure in the last few minutes to draw a penalty that Jonny Powless eventually scored from the power play! Lyle at one point dodged at the top of the box and dangled his stick outback until the US D bit, he then moved his stick and fired a low shot into the bottom corner of the US goal.

Warren Hill in goal for the Iroquois was on point all day and has quick hands and is very agile at one point when scores where level in the forth quarter he made an amazing save baiting the shooter to shoot high, he then sprung up to make the save and cleared to Thompson who was already on the halfway line to start a break that was finished by Staats, everyone in the crowd knew that the US had not only lost the first game in history to Canada but had also lost their second game to the creators of the game.

The Crowd applauded both teams from the field as they knew that not only had history been made twice but also that they had probably watched one the greatest games ever to happen in Europe!

I'll be back
Absolutely agree, Staats has to be a high-priority recruit. What is the problem with his leg?

The US team should be embarassed there was no reason this game should have even been close.

thanks for the updates and first hand accounts. It appears as if OCC will win every game by at least based on the talent they will have next year. I read somewhere online that staats favors unc and denver at this point, wish I could find that article.

Anybody know of a link to a replay of this game? Thank you.

Staats is killing it. At least 3 goals already this half.

US is putting some space in between them in the 2nd half. 9-5 now. Tied 5-5 @ half.

Whoa!!! $24.95?!? Is that per game, or for access to all the games?

Keep scrolling down I think its $4.95 per game and there is another link to individual games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom