Is achieving the #1 attendance mark for 2012 still possible? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is achieving the #1 attendance mark for 2012 still possible?

I think it's reasonable. Forecast of steady rain on Saturday won't help, but the 4:00 p.m. tip and the fact that it's Senior Day should give it a boost.
Hope its not a heavy rain I hate walking up the hill in the rain. I'd rather it be 20 degrees and snowing than rain.

This is a really good sign - I hope we break the record - this team deserves a record breaking last game. The last time we broke the record on Senoir Day was Melo's last game in '03 (I think).

^Not sure what 'Senoir' day is -- some sorta mexican celebration maybe happening this weekend as well.

Geez. You literally can't see anything but the backside of the bleachers from those seats. Not even the baseline.

Their ability to sell those seats is, in my mind, the sole reasonable justification for not bringing back the blue curtain. They are some bad seats. (Unless people want to buy them for tomorrow, in which case they should certainly do so.)

Their ability to sell those seats is, in my mind, the sole reasonable justification for not bringing back the blue curtain. They are some bad seats. (Unless people want to buy them for tomorrow, in which case they should certainly do so.)

It's not that difficult to raise and lower me relative to ticket sales. As it is, we're talking 1 game a year that I might be an obstruction.

This is a really good sign - I hope we break the record - this team deserves a record breaking last game. The last time we broke the record on Senoir Day was Melo's last game in '03 (I think).

Wasn't a record set on GMac's farewell?

I wish they would figure out a way to add an additional level above the movable bleachers and go all the way up. That would be intense.

I wish they would figure out a way to add an additional level above the movable bleachers and go all the way up. That would be intense.

That'd be good as far as sightlines go, but it'd probably be a wash in terms of increasing capacity - it'd block a lot of current longrange views.

Maybe if the university promoted the USF game wed be able to get the #1 attendance mark.
You got a $30 T-shirt with the purchase of a ticket... What else do they need to do? Send a limo to pick up people?

SFD told SU to cut off ticket sales at 34,616.
OrangeX or anybody who 'knows' stuff, do you happen know what the official reasoning is? Is it not having enough staff, gates opened, obstructed views, against fire regulations, etc.?

I seem to remember the university releasing a statement that they would never sell a ticket with an obstructed view, or something similar to that anyhow. I would assume it's just to promote breaking the record each and every time they try to promote it. That way they don't set the bar too high (let's say we had 36,000 or something crazy during a really good season/matchup) then it would be extremely hard to "break the record".

Or maybe it's a combination of obstructed views, fire hazards, dome dogs, and not having enough beer? The world may never know!

Anything beyond 34,616, and people will not be able to see the court.

People who can't see the court won't stay in their seats ... they'll wander around the Dome and clog up the aisles and concourses trying to get a better view of the court. Or they'll try to squeeze into seats in other sections.

SFD wants to avoid a fire / evacuation hazard.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2010/02/syracuse-villanova_game_breaks.html

I've suggested this a few times over the years. Add walkways at the top of the current stairs to the main concourses.

That'd be good as far as sightlines go, but it'd probably be a wash in terms of increasing capacity - it'd block a lot of current longrange views.
It would help in 2 ways:

1. Help to enclose the space and make it feel a bit more like an arena.

2. Open up a few thousand more preferred seats ==> more $ for TGD.

You got a $30 T-shirt with the purchase of a ticket... What else do they need to do? Send a limo to pick up people?
Didn't know that and I didn't get and I doubt it was really worth $30.

Friends sold their 300 level seats for $175 a piece. Place will be packed.

have they announced how big a crowd they expect for Saturday? (not that it really matters since they always seem to be overstating the expected crowd this year)

No inside connection at the box office, like some have, but I'm guessing between 27K and 29K to see the boys off. It should be more, but you know, Louisville hasn't stepped up to the same level of rival as I would have hoped by now, and their team is a little "faceless". No big star to hate on. Other than Pitino, I suppose, but I feel like he's one of us. Although he and Jim didn't look too tight at the end of the last game. VERY brief handshake.

Nope, we did it for Gerry against ND, and then we did it two more years in a row with Villanova.

No inside connection at the box office, like some have, but I'm guessing between 27K and 29K to see the boys off. It should be more, but you know, Louisville hasn't stepped up to the same level of rival as I would have hoped by now, and their team is a little "faceless". No big star to hate on. Other than Pitino, I suppose, but I feel like he's one of us. Although he and Jim didn't look too tight at the end of the last game. VERY brief handshake.

It does seem that Louisville has a lot less buzz than traditional Big East teams have. But they've sold about 32,000 seats as of tonight. Could be a pretty good walk-up tomorrow, too. We'll see.