Is achieving the #1 attendance mark for 2012 still possible? | Syracusefan.com

Is achieving the #1 attendance mark for 2012 still possible?

RF2044

Living Legend
If so, this is a challenge to all locals--please find your way up to the Dome on Saturday to send our seniors off in style!

Would love to see SU go 4-0 against those rednecks from kentucky this year:

1] Secure commitment from DC !
2] Set attendance mark !!
3] Secure commitment from Nerlens Noel !!!
4] Win the national championship !!!!

Let's Go Orange!!!

UK deserves the overall attendance record this year. They brought in UNC and Louisville and the BE/SEC Challenge gave them St. John's. All three OOC games gave them 24K plus.

We had Florida, courtesy of the BE/SEC Challenge. It was the only OOC game we had that got 24K at 244549.

If we had even one more great OOC match-up, we wouldn't need 35K to have a shot at the attendance title.

Cheers,
Neil

UK deserves the overall attendance record this year. They brought in UNC and Louisville and the BE/SEC Challenge gave them St. John's. All three OOC games gave them 24K plus.

We had Florida, courtesy of the BE/SEC Challenge. It was the only OOC game we had that got 24K at 244549.

If we had even one more great OOC match-up, we wouldn't need 35K to have a shot at the attendance title.

Cheers,
Neil
As Clint said in Unforgiven... 'deservin' ain't got nothing to do with it.'
Let in as many as you need to to get the #1 spot. Excellent piece of institutionalized gamesmanship before heading into the dance.

Maybe if the university promoted the USF game wed be able to get the #1 attendance mark.

Maybe if the university promoted the USF game wed be able to get the #1 attendance mark.

Yup...USF was the game they needed to manipulate with some cheapie seats.

Or better yet schedule a Duke/UNC/Michigan State/Ohio State instead of one of the scrums in the OOC portion?

Once in the ACC this hopefully shouldn't be a problem with G'Town in every other year.

Cheers,
Neil

have they announced how big a crowd they expect for Saturday? (not that it really matters since they always seem to be overstating the expected crowd this year)

Or better yet schedule a Duke/UNC/Michigan State/Ohio State instead of one of the scrums in the OOC portion?

Once in the ACC this hopefully shouldn't be a problem with G'Town in every other year.

Cheers,
Neil
You make it sound like these teams are lining up to play here. Sure...i would love to play syracuse on the road!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Neil

I agree that UK has earned it (unless we win it, in which case we earned it) - they're at almost 100% capacity for their conference games. We had a pair of Big East games - Saturday games, no less - that drew 67% and 82% of capacity.

I agree that UK has earned it (unless we win it, in which case we earned it) - they're at almost 100% capacity for their conference games. We had a pair of Big East games - Saturday games, no less - that drew 67% and 82% of capacity.

Actually if the Dome had the exact same seating capacity as UK...they would have similar results as UK. Season tix would increase for fear of being shut out of the big games. The Dome is the best thing going for the CNY fence sitters...they can miss the crap games and bandwagon on the big games after XMas. SUAD even facilitates the bandwagoners with 20-0/Unfinished/Dynasty/We're #1 collectiable T-shirts

Actually if the Dome had the exact same seating capacity as UK...they would have similar results as UK. Season tix would increase for fear of being shut out of the big games. The Dome is the best thing going for the CNY fence sitters...they can miss the crap games and bandwagon on the big games after XMas. SUAD even facilitates the bandwagoners with 20-0/Unfinished/Dynasty/We're #1 collectiable T-shirts

I think that's correct on all points. Virtually unlimited seating capacity doesn't do much to drive demand. And it's probably a little unfair of me to claim one school is more deserving than the other based on percent of seats sold for games.

I guess the point is that another snoozer of a non-conference season and two lackluster crowds (Providence and West Virginia) made the difference between #1 and #2 (unless something unusual happens this weekend). In spite of that, our Big East home attendance (26,742) is stellar; I didn't bother to check, but it must be our best in a couple decades.

Actually the 1989-90 season was unmatched anywhere...Cuse averaged over 29k attendance

But yes this year is the best in years

have they announced how big a crowd they expect for Saturday? (not that it really matters since they always seem to be overstating the expected crowd this year)
Don't they go by how many tickets are sold and not the number of people that walk through the door?

You make it sound like these teams are lining up to play here. Sure...i would love to play syracuse on the road!

Michigan State, at least, pretty much plays anyone, anywhere. And they;ve played us in the past.

To quote Tom Izzo, "we'd love to play SU if you could ever get them out of the Dome."

Now, was he referring to a one-off neutral site or was he referring to JB's reluctance for true road games?

It could be taken either way, but looking at Izzo's schedule I'm pretty sure he was referring to the latter. ;)

This isn't our crappy football team where taking games to the Meadowlands is our best bet to get the premiere programs, imho.

Cheers,
Neil

Agreed. But the Dome is special enough to let that slide. Just get one decent OOC opponent at home every year. Just need to alternate G'Town and the high level BiG team we get in the ACC/BiG Challenge.

Cheers,
Neil

I'm hoping for 34k too.

I think it's reasonable. Forecast of steady rain on Saturday won't help, but the 4:00 p.m. tip and the fact that it's Senior Day should give it a boost.

Agreed. But the Dome is special enough to let that slide. Just get one decent OOC opponent at home every year. Just need to alternate G'Town and the high level BiG team we get in the ACC/BiG Challenge.

Cheers,
Neil

Well, we used to do a pair of marquee non-conference matchup every season [home and away] before the conference schedule became so bloated.