Is being a 1 seed even that important? | Syracusefan.com

Is being a 1 seed even that important?

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
I mean, it is guaranteed at least 3/4 one seeds lose in the tournament every year.

;)

It is important. You theoretically play lesser teams and in better geographical locations. It is an advantage and we are peeing it away.

Looking at the field, I think this is a year when it does matter. The level of play between a 7 and an 8/9 seems to be much different than the last few years.

That said...1 seed, 2 seed...just win.

No - but #2 in MSG is important.

In the ACC tournament we need too cheer for 2 teams:
1) Syracuse (obviously)
2) UNC

This team clearly needs some kind of home court advantage. being that the ACC tourney is in NC, we won't have any home cooking anytime soon, so getting the Buffalo to MSG route is paramount.

buffalo is already a lock. as long as we stay in top 6 msg is too

Is being a 1 seed even that important?

Amazing how the goals/expectations have slipped recently.

From: "Undefeated national champions - the beginning of back-to-back-to back "

To: "National champions"

To: "Number 1 in the East, then we'll see"

To: "Eh, as long as we make MSG"

What's next?: "It'd be a good season if we made the Sweet 16."

And finally: "You know there's no shame in an NIT bid, really, if you think about it."

Last edited:
This is a good team, sometimes very good, but not great. Maybe a Final 4 team, probably not.

We got a little overjoyed after a 25-0 start.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 1 seed is only important if Duke is the team that would take it in SU's place. SU wants the east region, but if Duke gets the 1 in the east then SU has to be placed in another region because of Committee rules. Right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 1 seed is only important if Duke is the team that would take it in SU's place. SU wants the east region, but if Duke gets the 1 in the east then SU has to be placed in another region because of Committee rules. Right?
naw, not as long as we are a 2 seed. Conference teams can't play each other until the sweet 16.

naw, not as long as we are a 2 seed. Conference teams can't play each other until the sweet 16.
wrong if duke is 1 seed in east then Syracuse can't be placed in east as top 3 if in top 4 seeds can't be in same bracket

it seemed to be important when we were 25-0

As long as Duke isn't in the East (and I think they're going South) then it doesn't matter what seed we get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom