Is Brando ill-prepared or does he have | Syracusefan.com

Is Brando ill-prepared or does he have

BRANDO was fine. He’s getting a little old but he’s a pro. Infinitely better than some of these young clowns Raycom uses. The guy spends time with the coaches and uses that to inform his commentary and give insight to viewers.

Agreed

Funny how Brando didn’t go on and on today about this being the last Raycom broadcast he was doing at Wake Forest.

The NC game was disgusting. I’m surprised Brando didn’t start crying at the end of that game.

On-the-Waterfront.-Marlon-Brando.jpg

I coulda been a commentator

Was he the one who kept being all “Syracuse just might be able to hang around!!”? Or was that the other guy? Whoever it was, he was talking like we were a scrub team or something. “Hang around”? We won at Cameron. We come to win games. And we should’ve.

It's a good day for the Orange when the biggest game complaint is about the PBP guy.

I like brando a lot but the iron unkind has been done to death.

BRANDO was fine. He’s getting a little old but he’s a pro. Infinitely better than some of these young clowns Raycom uses. The guy spends time with the coaches and uses that to inform his commentary and give insight to viewers.
Now I missed the beginning of the game, but at the end he alluded to Buddy as a starter.

He was horrendous. That stupid story at the end of the half over the action. Buddy a starter comment near the end.

He is an Oscar worthy B actor on the Raycom big screen.

I always liked him. He made a pretty big mistake when SU had about a 25 point lead or so with WF's score being 39. He said WF cut the lead to 5 at 45-40 but it's been all Syracuse since that time. Something like that, it was funny seeing the score while he said it.

They cut away to commercial in the second half and he said something like "We'll be back from Syracuse in a few moments". I don't know if he was being sarcastic or he's losing it.

It’s always interesting to see which broadcasters/journalists are embraced or hated here.

As I recall, Tim Brando was critically reviled as far back as his CBS days. Brando struggling on a broadcast is a decades-old story.

Last edited:
Tim Brando has a big voice, but I don't necessarily like what he says. A big voice is even more annoying when he's becoming giddy with the other team. I do like Dan Bonner, though, but he doesn't have a big voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom