Is Desko broke? | Syracusefan.com

Is Desko broke?

Not quite basketball related, but I doubt it. My assumption is he partnered with these guys to unload his garage lol Not much reason to hold onto all of that stuff

I know its Syracuse but I can't imagine lax coaches make that much.

I know its Syracuse but I can't imagine lax coaches make that much.
I'm pretty sure I read HCGG made $700K - as WLAX coach. I have to assume it's close to $1M as MLAX HC.

I'm pretty sure I read HCGG made $700K - as WLAX coach. I have to assume it's close to $1M as MLAX HC.
He was one of the coaches along with JB, Dino, Hillsman and Gait who took a voluntary 10 percent pay cut during the pandemic. So I'm guessing he was up there in pay in the SUAD.

I don't believe he was making a million but he is definitely far from broke.
Was, or is? I have to believe he didn't take a pay cut to move to MLAX.

Was, or is? I have to believe he didn't take a pay cut to move to MLAX.

I was talking about Desko, I don't believe Gait is making a million now either or even really close to it. I think his salary actually was slighty reduced as the womans coach when the original ran out as he was being paid well in excess off the average.

I was talking about Desko, I don't believe Gait is making a million now either or even really close to it. I think his salary actually was slighty reduced as the womans coach when the original ran out as he was being paid well in excess off the average.
OK, misunderstood what you were saying. Guess we'll have to wait until the Top 5 salaries at SU gets released.

OK, misunderstood what you were saying. Guess we'll have to wait until the Top 5 salaries at SU gets released.

I mixed up the posts in my initial response, you were talking about Gait while I was talking Desko.

The pricing is hilarious. Hope there are a lot of husky Cuse fans with cash to burn out there.

i understand this has gotten a lot of legs since the first reporting of it. however, the big # everyone quotes on gg was his initial, year 1 compensation. basically signing bonus to get him to move to cuse and take over.
he can probably make some more $$ thru camps as all coaches do, but the numbers for top coaches begin with 2's and 3's.
an example:

Wasn't it something of a scandal that Gross paid Gait more than JD? Been a while.

Gait also may have had a hand in fundraising his salary (I probably just conflated a few things at once).

Wasn't it something of a scandal that Gross paid Gait more than JD? Been a while.

Gait also may have had a hand in fundraising his salary (I probably just conflated a few things at once).

Yes too all the above, the women's lax program has had some solid booster money or did when Gait first started and may still. I remember a stink being raised because the ladies facilities were renovated ahead of schedule but it was all booster $. I am sure Gait probably had something to do with that influx of cash as well.

Desko was doing fine until Matt Damon and Larry David got on the TV and told him about bitcoin.

Yes too all the above, the women's lax program has had some solid booster money or did when Gait first started and may still. I remember a stink being raised because the ladies facilities were renovated ahead of schedule but it was all booster $. I am sure Gait probably had something to do with that influx of cash as well.

Gait raised money for the women's locker room, it was pretty top shelf stuff.

Which to the bigger picture, he's going to be a beast for the program raising money and pushing it forward.

BB5C5643-B085-4F1A-A95F-3552376F962E.jpeg

Collectible Exchange is the next gen of Steiner Sports. Lots of high end memoribilia and prices. Don;t think it's John just dumping stuff,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom