Is Ed Orgeron LSU's version of Scott Shafer? | Syracusefan.com

Is Ed Orgeron LSU's version of Scott Shafer?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Seems like he might be, except unlike the Shafer experiment we've already seen Orgeron as a head coach before (10-25, 3-21 SEC at Ole Miss).

Doesn't mean we have a shot at them down there this week, but just thought there were some parallels here -- defensive coach, loved by his players, etc.

Seems like he might be, except unlike the Shafer experiment we've already seen Orgeron as a head coach before (10-25, 3-21 SEC at Ole Miss).

Doesn't mean we have a shot at them down there this week, but just thought there were some parallels here -- defensive coach, loved by his players, etc.
Sure hope so with on the field acumen, but not sure he'd ever disrespect his old players like cigar boy did.

He also has a much better record as a recruiter which is why he keeps getting calls by big time programs. That said I don't think he last at LSU who's fan base and administration greatly overstate their place in the college football pecking order IMHO.

He also has a much better record as a recruiter which is why he keeps getting calls by big time programs. That said I don't think he last at LSU who's fan base and administration greatly overstate their place in the college football pecking order IMHO.

I think he also had a pretty good run as the interim HC at USC.

Sure hope so with on the field acumen, but not sure he'd ever disrespect his old players like cigar boy did.

Just curious.

Did any of the SU players suggest that they were angry with or disappointed in or disrespected by Shafer following the game?

Yes I thousand times yes. Eddie O is a great recruiter and he did a good job with USC as the interim head coach.
Today however you can clearly see the problem with LSU is that they haven't had an effective quarterback since Zach Mettenburger.

LSU listened to the players rather than trying to get the best coach. College football is all about head coach and recruiting. LSU will always have recruiting and talent but they need a good head coach.

Eddie O isn't beating Saban. Play three will last three years and then get fired by LSU if they were smart to get rid of them faster.

I don't know if I'd say he disrespected his former players, but I do think he disrespected the game with the fake injuries. Especially on the 12th man sprint off.

I think the cigar is just a peek into the mindset of an insecure guy.

I'm also a liar, because I said last week I'm moving on. I will now, I promise (maybe).

We're in better hands.

Just curious.

Did any of the SU players suggest that they were angry with or disappointed in or disrespected by Shafer following the game?
No nor would they even if they felt it I'd imagine which I'm sure some did when they heard of his shannigans.

Even I'm moving on from the last two games now that Stanitzek heard my "Stanitzek this is what Karma looks like" quip in a nearly empty dome down 41-17 turning his head and then bowing it down making me feel like a fanatic loser since everyone said he's a good kid (which he appears to be). Oh well. Onward and upward.

Yes I thousand times yes. Eddie O is a great recruiter and he did a good job with USC as the interim head coach.
Today however you can clearly see the problem with LSU is that they haven't had an effective quarterback since Zach Mettenburger.

LSU listened to the players rather than trying to get the best coach. College football is all about head coach and recruiting. LSU will always have recruiting and talent but they need a good head coach.

Eddie O isn't beating Saban. Play three will last three years and then get fired by LSU if they were smart to get rid of them faster.

I completely agree with you. I bet if Orgeron were to lose to us the wheels will fall off in a very dramatic fashion. They aren't above firing someone after one year. Chip Kelly is lurking out there too. It would be interesting.

I don't know if I'd say he disrespected his former players, but I do think he disrespected the game with the fake injuries. Especially on the 12th man sprint off.

I'm also a liar, because I said last week I'm moving on. I will now, I promise (maybe).

We're in better hands.

Shafer went from hardnosed to coaching his guys to be Euro soccer drama queens.

Here's the tape of his coaching points for the week.

Love the honesty. Everything else you said had me shaking my head, but on this... I'm right there with you.

i would not undersell eddie o at all. the other guy scares me more and that is canada. he is a great game planner. i do not think lsu will get caught off guard again. i am sure we will see shafer like sell out defense as well. they will attack,attack attack.
they will try to destroy the ol and get to dungey as often as possible and dare us to beat them through the air. imho

i would not undersell eddie o at all. the other guy scares me more and that is canada. he is a great game planner. i do not think lsu will get caught off guard again. i am sure we will see shafer like sell out defense as well. they will attack,attack attack.
they will try to destroy the ol and get to dungey as often as possible and dare us to beat them through the air. imho
LSU's QB is a Purdue runoff.

If Canada has a QB he can do things.

Eddie O is hated by LSU fans. They realize they gave into players last year.

They have two titles this century. They're below Alabama this century and tied with Florida and OSU. They're about as big as it gets.

No nor would they even if they felt it I'd imagine which I'm sure some did when they heard of his shannigans.

Even I'm moving on from the last two games now that Stanitzek heard my "Stanitzek this is what Karma looks like" quip in a nearly empty dome down 41-17 turning his head and then bowing it down making me feel like a fanatic loser since everyone said he's a good kid (which he appears to be). Oh well. Onward and upward.
Come on Mike,he was just passing gas. We all heard that.

http://www.nature.com/news/s e xual-competition-among-ducks-wreaks-havoc-on-penis-size-1.22648

Male ducks respond to sexual competition by growing either an extra-long penis or a nub of flesh, a new study finds.

The unusual phenomena occurred in two species studied: the lesser scaup (Aythya affinis) and the ruddy duck (Oxyura jamaicensis). It suggests that penis size — in line with many traits and behaviours meant to impress or allow impregnation of the opposite sex — involves a trade-off between the potential to reproduce and to survive.

Patricia Brennan, an evolutionary biologist at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts, compared the penises of ducks kept in male–female pairs to those housed with multiple males per female. The findings are published in a study on 20 September in The Auk: Ornithological Advances1.

“If they were alone with a female, the males just grew a normal-sized penis, but if there were other males around, they had the ability to change dramatically,” Brennan says. “So evolution must be acting on the ability to be plastic — the ability to invest only in what is needed in your current circumstance.”

Seems like it might fit in here for some reason...

We're in better hands.

I guess I just can't get too excited about Shafer.

I don't blame him for wanting to beat the Orange - of course he wanted revenge - of course he feels he was screwed.

And, I don't blame him for pulling out a cigar after having won the game. His defense was terrific and it's okay to be happy and to celebrate after a victory.

As far as the fake injuries are concerned, I have two reactions: (1) none of us knows for certain what was happening and (2) it seems that everybody does it - it's gamesmanship.

I watched him walk down from the coaching booth after the game. I was really pleased that so many SU fans stopped him and shook his hand. I was proud of us.

And, I was happy when Shafer talked about his love for his former SU players during his post game interview.

I guess I just can't get too excited about Shafer.

I don't blame him for wanting to beat the Orange - of course he wanted revenge - of course he feels he was screwed.

And, I don't blame him for pulling out a cigar after having won the game. His defense was terrific and it's okay to be happy and to celebrate after a victory.

As far as the fake injuries are concerned, I have two reactions: (1) none of us knows for certain what was happening and (2) it seems that everybody does it - it's gamesmanship.

I watched him walk down from the coaching booth after the game. I was really pleased that so many SU fans stopped him and shook his hand. I was proud of us.

And, I was happy when Shafer talked about his love for his former SU players during his post game interview.

Well said PA. Shafer doesn't enrage me at all. He wasn't the guy to lead us to the promise land. It happens.