Is Ed Orgeron LSU's version of Scott Shafer? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Ed Orgeron LSU's version of Scott Shafer?

and the run of former Orange coaches continues the following week with McF*&^%it at NC State. This is downright bizzare.
Man, beating NCSU would be sweet. Screw McF.

EDIT: I feel like McF will be on James Franklin's coaching staff someday. They just seem like they were made for each other.

hey, until Ed hires high quality assistants like Joe Adam and McFu**it, he can't even compare to the greatness of cigar boy.

EDIT: I feel like McF will be on James Franklin's coaching staff someday. They just seem like they were made for each other.

Hmm, I don't know, until McF is accused of covering up a gang rape by his players , I don't think he is good enough for Franklin

As far as the fake injuries are concerned, I have two reactions: (1) none of us knows for certain what was happening and (2) it seems that everybody does it - it's gamesmanship.

On 1, you're right, it's my opinion. Maybe they just have quick thinking DBs that spot an extra player rushing off and turn into Rodney Dangerfield after the golf ball bounces back and hits his arm.

On 2, I just don't prescribe to that theory.

On 1, you're right, it's my opinion. Maybe they just have quick thinking DBs that spot an extra player rushing off and turn into Rodney Dangerfield after the golf ball bounces back and hits his arm.

On 2, I just don't prescribe to that theory.

Do players who drop passes pretend they actually caught the passes?

Yes, all the time.

Do coaches try to steal signs from the opponent?

Yes, all the time.

Are players and coaches in major athletics ethical?

Not really.

I don't subscribe to the BS, but I recognize that it happens all the time.

Yes, all the time.

Yes, all the time.

Not really.

Well if you put obvious injury faking into the same category as dropping a pass and trying to make the ref think you caught it then so be it, probably not much more to discuss on this point.

But I will tell you the one I hate more than anything. Instigating player does something cheap, either in the pile or says something to provoke. Other player pushes him away. Instigating player throws up his hands, asking the ref for the 15 yard flag. That player should not only get an offsetting 15, he should get kicked out of the game. It ruins the integrity of what's supposed to be a tough sport. HATE it.

http://www.nature.com/news/s e xual-competition-among-ducks-wreaks-havoc-on-penis-size-1.22648

Male ducks respond to s e xual competition by growing either an extra-long penis or a nub of flesh, a new study finds.

The unusual phenomena occurred in two species studied: the lesser scaup (Aythya affinis) and the ruddy duck (Oxyura jamaicensis). It suggests that penis size — in line with many traits and behaviours meant to impress or allow impregnation of the opposite s e x — involves a trade-off between the potential to reproduce and to survive.

Patricia Brennan, an evolutionary biologist at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts, compared the penises of ducks kept in male–female pairs to those housed with multiple males per female. The findings are published in a study on 20 September in The Auk: Ornithological Advances1.

“If they were alone with a female, the males just grew a normal-sized penis, but if there were other males around, they had the ability to change dramatically,” Brennan says. “So evolution must be acting on the ability to be plastic — the ability to invest only in what is needed in your current circumstance.”

Seems like it might fit in here for some reason...

So that thing that Scott Shafer pulled out at the conclusion of the Middle Tennessee State game...was just a cigar? Or it wasn't?

Do players get cramps playing in a hot Dome against the fast paced offense, yes. If you were an opposing coach, what would you tell your players? Just play with a cramp coming on? Just fall down is what I would tell them.

Yes, all the time.

Yes, all the time.

Not really.

Yeah, all that stuff is bush league cheating.

He's still at NC State? At least he gave us that one entertaining interview. McF-it is one of the great board nicknames of all time

Seems like he might be, except unlike the Shafer experiment we've already seen Orgeron as a head coach before (10-25, 3-21 SEC at Ole Miss).

Doesn't mean we have a shot at them down there this week, but just thought there were some parallels here -- defensive coach, loved by his players, etc.

Too disrespectful to Ed to compare him to SS.

Thinking he is Ron Zook.

Guy after will benefit from the talent he is able to bring in.

LSU's QB is a Purdue runoff.

If Canada has a QB he can do things.

Eddie O is hated by LSU fans. They realize they gave into players last year.
last time i looked the fans were not playing for eddie o

I think that Eddie will make LSU very good. His teams were always loaded w/ talent and defensively sound. Their issue was that the offense always underperformed. But Eddie made the right hire to fix that problem.

LSU will be extremely dangerous in a couple of years - even to a team like Alabama.

Too disrespectful to Ed to compare him to SS.

Thinking he is Ron Zook.

Guy after will benefit from the talent he is able to bring in.
But LSU has good talent now too. He is an excellent recruiter but he isn't totally lacking in talent on that roster.

Matt Canada has a better track record as an OC than McDonald. So his first hire seems to be different on paper.

He was really disliked when he was OC at IU.

As far as the fake injuries are concerned, I have two reactions: (1) none of us knows for certain what was happening and (2) it seems that everybody does it - it's gamesmanship.

One rule change I'd love to see is a player who gets attended to for an "injury" can't return to the game until that offensive series is over.