Is Howard on his way to BK? | Syracusefan.com

Is Howard on his way to BK?

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Lots of buzz right now that deal could be close. Cleveland being brought in as third team in Brooklyn/Orlando deal for Dwight Howard.

Tommy Dee/Ken Berger/Adrian Wojo/Alan Hahn/Frank Isola all on story right now if you want to check for Twitter updates.

Sure seems like it. Atlantic division could be kind of a beast next year.

What is your playoff seed prediction if the assumed moves happen? Howard to the Nets and we re-sign Lin/JR and land Camby?

Obviously Miami is the presumed #1 seed, then I have no idea.

Brooklyn will have an incredible 4 player core.
Bulls may or may not have Rose.
Celtics lose Allen but still probably got better in the offseason. They have some nice depth now.
Knicks have as talented of a starting lineup as anyone with a deep bench but noone knows how they will mesh.
Orlando/Pacers/Hawks/Bucks/76ers-will fight for the last playoff spots imo.

Im going to be a homer and go:
1.Miami
2.NYK
3.Brooklyn
4.Boston
5.Chicago

Hmm I am probably going to be terrible at this, but I would have to put Brooklyn ahead of us. Sounds like Rose isn't going to be back until later in the season, like the new year, but they were still pretty good without him last year. I think you should throw Indy into the mix as well.Dwight is just such an awesome player.

Big key for the Knicks would be to get a top 3 seed. Any homecourt series would be nice, but if we assume Miami gets the #1, then you want the #3 and you stay away from them till the conf finals. I think there is a group of teams that are roughly equivalent after Miami, that could probably be placed in any order from about 2-6. But I would have th eNets at the top of that class.

Hmm I am probably going to be terrible at this, but I would have to put Brooklyn ahead of us. Sounds like Rose isn't going to be back until later in the season, like the new year, but they were still pretty good without him last year. I think you should throw Indy into the mix as well.Dwight is just such an awesome player.

Big key for the Knicks would be to get a top 3 seed. Any homecourt series would be nice, but if we assume Miami gets the #1, then you want the #3 and you stay away from them till the conf finals. I think there is a group of teams that are roughly equivalent after Miami, that could probably be placed in any order from about 2-6. But I would have th eNets at the top of that class.
The reason I like us against BK is because even though their pieces fit very well, if they can get a decent PF to team with Dwight then yikes, plus I love the Reggie Evans move they made...that being said I dont see them as having much behind D-Will/JJ/Wallace/Howard whereas after Iman comes back we are probably looking at Kidd/Shump/Novak/Camby-thats a nice bench and Tyson Chandler gives Howard fits.

Lin-Deron-Nets
JR-JJ-Nets
Melo-Wallace-Knicks
Amare-?-Knicks
Tyson-Howard-Nets
Bench-Knicks

Its close but I think the Knicks bench will be light years better and we have the one Center who gives Howard fits.

The Knicks will definitely have a better bench, but the Nets frontline guys (especially Dwight) might be so good it doesn't matter.

If you throw out last year since he was hurt, in Dwight's last 4 seasons with orlando, they won 52, 59, 59, and 52 games. And it isn't like Orlando had a great supporting cast around him; Deron/Joe Johnson is going to be a pretty good backcourt, better than anything he had in Orlando. I don't quite see 55+ wins out of the Knicks, and I think the Nets are likely headed there, or higher.

The Knicks will definitely have a better bench, but the Nets frontline guys (especially Dwight) might be so good it doesn't matter.

If you throw out last year since he was hurt, in Dwight's last 4 seasons with orlando, they won 52, 59, 59, and 52 games. And it isn't like Orlando had a great supporting cast around him; Deron/Joe Johnson is going to be a pretty good backcourt, better than anything he had in Orlando. I don't quite see 55+ wins out of the Knicks, and I think the Nets are likely headed there, or higher.
It all depends on Amare and the Knicks ability to become a cohesive unit (for the love of God, please stay healthy). The positive of getting Kidd and not Steve Nash is with Woodson being a defensive coach we can still hope to be a top tier defensive unit, especially if we have Camby, Shump, Kidd coming off the bench going into the playoffs.

The Nets frontline doesnt worry me, its their backcourt that does. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson might be the best backcourt this side of Kobe/Nash. IF and its a big if they can play together, Melo/Amare/Tyson will beast Wallace/?/Howard or Wallace/Humphries/Lopez. Tyson Chandler is in Howard's head. Dwight plays like a scared little girl against him and the Knicks have a huge upgrade in talent over BK in Melo and Amare at the 3/4 positions.

Yeah Tyson did own Dwight last year. But they're only going to play what, 3 or 4 times next year? Dwight is going to be a monster in the other 78 games.

It's possible the Knicks might win a 7 game series vs Brooklyn, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will win more games than the Nets do over the course of 82. Orlando frequently struggled with teams that could guard Dwight straight up, because they relied a lot on him being doubled to free their shooters. We don't know how it will work with Brooklyn, but you'd think Deron and Johnson will be better shot creators than the guys on the Magic the last few years. But I don't think there is any question that having a guy like Tyson who can guard Dwight one on one is a huge advantage when you play the Nets.

BK's starting 4 is likely going to be the Euro kid Teletovic, who they're really high on, assuming Hump is gone. He's a big wild card this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk