Is it Red time? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it Red time?

I wish I was well connected enough to be sure lol. But his reputation SEEMS to be that of a highly thought of recruiter who is liked by kids and has played a big role in Dayton's recent success. However. If someone with actual AAU and HS ties says that isn't accurate I'll certainly rethink my thoughts on him.
Griff wouldn't be the most exciting hire but outside of Jason Hart, he's probably the best option available out of the Cuse family tree. I know he's a hard worker who is very active out on the scene. I would bet that we would try to land a few #JellyFam kids with Griff instead of telling them to go kick rocks.

David Cox
Assistant for Rhode Island. Spent some time with Rutgers, Georgetown and Pitt. Coached High School and AAU in Washington DC.

Chuck Martin
Assistant on Tom Creans Indiana staff. Lead recruiter for Thomas Bryant out of NY. Was HC at Marist. Monmouth alum.
Cox doesn't have the best rep around but Martin would be a big time hire.

Washington Huskies
We'll see if Hop retains him or not but he's an east coast guy that coached in the NEPSAC at South Kent when Dion Waiters and Isaiah Thomas played there. Also coached in the DMV and was able to beat out a lot of the big dogs for Markelle Fultz. Strong Nike ties and connections as well.

Cox doesn't have the best rep around but Martin would be a big time hire.

Washington Huskies
We'll see if Hop retains him or not but he's an east coast guy that coached in the NEPSAC at South Kent when Dion Waiters and Isaiah Thomas played there. Also coached in the DMV and was able to beat out a lot of the big dogs for Markelle Fultz. Strong Nike ties and connections as well.

Chillious would be an interesting name. Still think JB will move quick on this hire and it will be a Cuse guy.

Any chance we can land Stevie Thompson? I heard he has a couple of sons that have been known to handle the rock.

Does Autry now assume the role of lead recruiter? Can he flourish in that role?

He has to, because that's the role he's been cast in with this change.

I don't know if Red is as "good" of a recruiter as Hopkins was reputed to be, but I think we need Red to step up and knock the classes of 17 and 18 out of the park for the program to be on solid footing.

Any chance we can land Stevie Thompson? I heard he has a couple of sons that have been known to handle the rock.

I love Stevie. Would love to have him on the staff. But hiring him would be an example of bad timing. BOTH of his kids ending up at Oregon State. Both of them would have been great "adds," but we missed on them. So adding Stevie wouldn't help us in that regard.

I love Stevie. Would love to have him on the staff. But hiring him would be an example of bad timing. BOTH of his kids ending up at Oregon State. Both of them would have been great "adds," but we missed on them. So adding Stevie wouldn't help us in that regard.

Wouldn't they be able to transfer with their dad or is this only the case with a head coach taking another job?

Wouldn't they be able to transfer with their dad or is this only the case with a head coach taking another job?

Usually the head coach [although Ethan Thompson is class of 2017, and hasn't enrolled yet -- maybe he would be let out of his commitment if the dad left]. Stevie Jr. has already played at OSU for two years, and if he transfereed he'd have to sit out.

Usually the head coach [although Ethan Thompson is class of 2017, and hasn't enrolled yet -- maybe he would be let out of his commitment if the dad left]. Stevie Jr. has already played at OSU for two years, and if he transfereed he'd have to sit out.

Got it, just a pipe dream of mine to bring the entire Thompson family to Syracuse. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom