Is it time for colleges to dump the NCAA? | Syracusefan.com

Is it time for colleges to dump the NCAA?

I wouldn't mind seeing the NCAA dropped or completely change. It won't happen. The only plausible thing I see happening is what he says at the end of the article. The Ed O' Bannon lawsuit potentially bankrupting the NCAA if/when that goes to trial.

Give Jay Bilas the presidency of the NCAA and let him have free reign. If that happens he still has to work with Raf and McDonough though- otherwise my offer is rescinded!

I am all for them dumping the NCAA. Especially as the NCAA continues to be more of a competitor to professional organizations vs a business partner. I think seperate collegiate organizations developed by sport would serve better than one who serves all. Some of the non-major sports do not get the attention nor the revenue they deserve and some of that has to do with the NCAA featuring a select few sports. For instance as a huge football (european - I hate we call it soccer) nut - college football could be featured a lot more and you would be surprised how much America would adopt it. Also - the olympic sports if partnered with a decent presentation would get viewership. I think its a farce that more college sports are not broadcasted and featured. Also I don't mean just on some random sports channel in your directv package where you just so happen to catch it while being up a 3am unable to sleep.

Thats my soapbox rant but not only is the NCAA poisoning some of the more popular sports but it does a horrible job bringing attention to the olympic sports as well.

Once we have four superconferences with 16 teams each, those conferences will break from the NCAA. There are currently 65 teams (including Notre Dame) in the five power conferences, so it's a matter of dropping on school and realigning the rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom