Is Taj worth it? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Taj worth it?

Personally, I think the Taj stuff is way overblown. No doubt to me that he's worth it.
Agree. He's emotional and wants to win - a work in progress. You simply can't teach that beautiful dipsy doo move he made against Wake. I don't think excommunicating a guy with that talent level is a good idea. He's going to be scary good when he beefs up a bit.

Is there reason to believe that Dino has not been talking to him?
Well if Dino has been talking to him it was ineffective due to a lack of accountability. There was no observable change in Taj's behavior over the course of the season and he wasn't pulled from games because of it. So either Dino hasn't spoken to Taj or he has and it's just vibrations in air. Taj continuing with his histrionics is as much a reflection of Dino's leadership as it is of Taj.

This whole topic says more about the coaching staff this year than Taj.

Remember when Marvin Harrison complained about not being thrown too enough?
I do and he wasn't. I don't remember him throwing his hands up and embarrassing his QB and to date Taj Harris is not Marvin Harrison.

Kid was playing QB about two years ago, and now he has receiving numbers through 2 years that must be on par with or better than any receiver in Syracuse history. He seems to have a good rapport with Jackson. Of course he's worth it.

Last edited:
makes you wonder if he's one of the 'me first' guys that HCDB called out in the press conference.

Could be and I think there may be a few of the DB's as well but I think Harris is super talented. He needs to get stronger but he’s damn good and runs hard after the catch. He’s clearly the 2nd best receiver on the field

As far as I can tell he hasn't been disciplined by Dino. Started every game. I think its a big nothing burger. At least he is passionate out there. He wants the ball and has been open a bunch this year.

I 100% understand Taj's frustrations this year. He's been open a lot and has been missed for one reason or another - whether it be poor O-line play or Tommy not seeing the whole field. Even when the ball has been thrown his way, there have been a lot of off-target throws, including the one against Louisville that should have been an easy 6 if the ball was thrown upfield, but instead it was thrown to the sideline.

With all that being said, he needs to show more restraint, especially on the field of play. Stomping around like a 7 year old who got told no is not a good look for him, his QB or the rest of the team.
He needs to learn how to catch the ball in traffic and in tight coverage. Way too many drops including his alligator arms one that killed the first drive against Clemson. When you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw rocks. Kid needs to focus on getting bigger and stronger and getting separation in tight coverage. Oh and yes I think he is worth it, but once Cam Jordan gets some REAL playing time, you may be saying Taj who?????????

Why all the Marvin Harrison references? He’s not only an SU great but an NFL Hall of Famer. Why not compare him to Mike Williams, Tommy Kane or Marcus Sales? I’d take Harris and his “negative” behavior over any of those guys and their issues. :rolleyes:

Agreed you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak but there is a come to jesus discussion that if it hasn’t taken place, should be taking place. Also if TD was smart, he would be grabbing all of his receivers on weekends and throw 200 balls. Run the route trees a couple times each. Develop that relationship with all his guys in the post season.

Could be and I think there may be a few of the DB's as well but I think Harris is super talented. He needs to get stronger but he’s damn good and runs hard after the catch. He’s clearly the 2nd best receiver on the field
I don't recall seeing him in any of the workout videos

I like him and he definitely has some talent but he starting to sound like a Terrell Owens clone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom