Is that true? | Syracusefan.com

Is that true?

Nick44

All Conference
Schefter was talking about Kelly leaning to go to the NFL. According to an NFL evaluator... once you start interviewing for NFL jobs you might as well leave immediately because schools will use that to recruit against you if you decide to stay. Hmm

Schools will always find something to negative recruit vs their peers... if it's not that, it would be something else.

I don;t really see how that alone would tip the needle one way or the other though.

Makes zero difference at all, if your a smart salesperson like the best recruiters are you say the following ;

"I was really interested in going to the NFL, the financial stability would have been really important to my family. But the more I went through the process I realized that my heart is really at SU/Oregon/etc. and I think that the impact that I have on the young men that come through the program is something I'm not willing to give up. Once I saw what I would be doing in the NFL, I realized how much I loved working with these young men and how important it was for me to be able to coach them to success in the future. Whatever their aspirations are. Rest assured, there is no way that I am going anywhere. I've evaluated where I want to be as a coach and god has helped me realize that this is where I need to be. I think you and your family can see that this is the best place for your son to come to allow us to guide him in his future endeavors. Can we publicly announce when we leave tonight that you will be signing a LOI to play football at our university?". Hand outstretched so the family and son feels obligated to agree that the university is the best place to go. Because after all, there is nothing more awkward then leaving someones hand hanging there when they are looking for a handshake.

BOOM - NAILED IT!!!!

If Marrone stays he will never be able to convince a parent/recruit that he is staying at SU for more than a year. Just look at Malik Brown who is being visited by Tennessee next week. What do you think the Tennesee coaches they will be telling him??
  • Marrone is an NFL guy and don't believe a word he says regarding him being devoted to Syracuse.
  • Do you want to play at a school where the head coach has one foot out the door??
The SU football program is screwed in terms of recruiting if Marrone stays. I hope he gets an NFL job next week so we can move on from this mess. If not we are going to be dealing with this same situation every January until he gets an NFL job.

If Marrone stays he will never be able to convince a parent/recruit that he is staying at SU for more than a year. Just look at Malik Brown who is being visited by Tennessee next week. What do you think the Tennesee coaches they will be telling him??
  • Marrone is an NFL guy and don't believe a word he says regarding him being devoted to Syracuse.
  • Do you want to play at a school where the head coach has one foot out the door??would leave at any time.
The SU football program is screwed in terms of recruiting if Marrone stays. I hope he gets an NFL job next week so we can move on from this mess.

Don't agree. Coaches change job all through college football. Rarely does a coach stay more than a few years or so. That argument can be used by every school for every recruit. You sign a new contract for 5 years and tell people your not going anywhere, as I said above. Simple as that. It's just like telling the parents/kids their kid is going to start or play QB when he gets to school. Then he never sees the field until he is a senior. If the family trusts you and you tell them your there for awhile and your in a long-term contract, why wouldn't they believe you?

Don't agree. Coaches change job all through college football. Rarely does a coach stay more than a few years or so. That argument can be used by every school for every recruit. You sign a new contract for 5 years and tell people your not going anywhere, as I said above. Simple as that. It's just like telling the parents/kids their kid is going to start or play QB when he gets to school. Then he never sees the field until he is a senior. If the family trusts you and you tell them your there for awhile and your in a long-term contract, why wouldn't they believe you?

I hope you are right.

Don't bother, I'm convinced half this board has never watched a college football game that didn't involve SU.

The ignorance on display of the mechanics of the sport is breathtaking.

False

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

And Malik, we at Tenn have a history of stable coaches. We have only had 4 head coaches in the 5 years.
Fulmer, Kiffin, Dooley and Jones. Yes, stability and Tenn go hand and hand

The longest tenured college football coach is...you guessed it, Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech. Since 1987.

Next in line is Mack Brown at Texas, since 1998. Most coaches are at their job less than 10 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom