Is the coaching staff going for a Fab Five 2013 Class? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is the coaching staff going for a Fab Five 2013 Class?

Coleman's dream was to be an SU basketball player no way he's one and done

I think you guys are nuts. DC is a legit 6-10 with an extremely long wingspan and amazing hands and coordination. Extremely developed and strong. Decent jump shot, great form. Needs to improve on defense for sure, but he won't develop in that area all that much at SU. One year of conditioning at Syracuse and he'll be ready. As long as he works at it, he will play in the NBA for a long time.

I don't expect him to stay longer than a year, MAYBE two.

no he's not. he's about 6-8

I don't think it's a stretch at all.. I really believe this kid is going to blow up next year... I keep seeing the SJU game and thinking.. if given enough minutes... we could be watching something really special. He has great vision which allows him to be the point (3.5 Assist/turnover ratio); he has great range and great shooting form; he's 6'5" and will be at the top of the zone. He'll be special.

He has to. It's not like we've got a ton of guards.

Not that I'm even close to an expert on NBA potential but it just seems to me the only thing holding DC2 back from being a Sean May or Al Horford type of player is his weight and conditioning. Although it may be true that he lacks natural quickness / explosiveness needed to reach that level, not sure. We'll see.
And both May and Horford spent 3 years in college.

One of the very positive things having both Christmas and Coleman on the floor at the same time is there ability to box out for rebounds. At this stage of their careers, if they can simply control the boards for Syracuse, we'll be a true force to be reckoned with. Any amount of offense from either of them is frosting on the cake.

One of the very positive things having both Christmas and Coleman on the floor at the same time is there ability to box out for rebounds. At this stage of their careers, if they can simply control the boards for Syracuse, we'll be a true force to be reckoned with. Any amount of offense from either of them is frosting on the cake.

I agree. I think next season's team is going to be a much stronger rebounding team than we had this year.