Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

who is they?
" THE BURGER GUYS'.
th (1).jpg

Per report, Isaiah Whitehead received $37k prior to committing to Seton Hall. Makes me wonder how much they paid Taurean Thompson to leave us this year...

Whitehead took the money and signed with another agent. He's lucky it wasn't an agent from Utica he pulled that on, someone like Denzel in "Man on Fire" would have his shooting hand taped to a steering wheel. Haha.

Whitehead took the money and signed with another agent. He's lucky it wasn't an agent from Utica he pulled that on, someone like Denzel in "Man on Fire" would have his shooting hand taped to a steering wheel. Haha.
Just another example of how entitled some of these athletes are.

Isaiah Whitehead is the least of Seton Hall's problem. Tiny Morton's $9,500 payment from ASM is the much bigger issue.

Certainly looks like their assistant coach at the time took unreported income from an agent.

Yep, as I've said earlier in this thread, I've heard a lot of stuff about Seton Hall in recent years. SHU would be a perfect candidate to get hammered by the NCAA too.

Yep, as I've said earlier in this thread, I've heard a lot of stuff about Seton Hall in recent years. SHU would be a perfect candidate to get hammered by the NCAA too.
Would not surprise me if Derrick Coleman is the Big East's all-time leading rebounder by the time this ends.

You guys are dreaming if you think unc, duke or kentucky will get hammered. UNC ran sham classes for 20 years and the ncaa found a way to give them zero penalty. NCAA would rather not punish anyone at all than to have to punish unc, duke, kentucky.

If they have stuff on teams like Syracuse, Seton Hall etc... that doesn't affect the blue bloods, then those 2nd and 3rd tier teams will get crushed. Nothing, nada will happen to unc or duke

I remember the Whitehead recruitment like it was yesterday. Whoever hired Morton, got Whitehead. SHU came out of leftfield in the 11th hour

Would not surprise me if Derrick Coleman is the Big East's all-time leading rebounder by the time this ends.
Coleman still has 154 more rebounds than Delgado. I doubt he gets 155 the rest of this season.

If they have stuff on teams like Syracuse, Seton Hall etc... that doesn't affect the blue bloods, then those 2nd and 3rd tier teams will get crushed. Nothing, nada will happen to unc or duke

Seton hall is like in the 4th or 5th tier. They’re garbage and always have been. They’ll get the hammer dropped on them.

You guys are dreaming if you think unc, duke or kentucky will get hammered. UNC ran sham classes for 20 years and the ncaa found a way to give them zero penalty. NCAA would rather not punish anyone at all than to have to punish unc, duke, kentucky.

College basketball is a multi-billion dollar business. By allowing some programs to pay players and reap huge monetary benefits creates an unfair business practice and they would be open to mega lawsuits.

Absolutely. That whole SHU class was paid handsomely.

Knowing the feds, they're leaking out the little stuff first to keep the story alive while the tighten up the bigger stuff. I have a feeling this is going to drag on awhile.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this is a fishing expedition to see how the named schools react... it's not like the feds haven't used entrapment-like procedures in other investigations before... give the institution under investigation enough rope to hang itself...
It's my understanding that this wasn't leaked. The Feds had to turn over the material to the writers under FOIA.

Coleman still has 154 more rebounds than Delgado. I doubt he gets 155 the rest of this season.
Delgado has more rebounds in Big East games.

It's my understanding that this wasn't leaked. The Feds had to turn over the material to the writers under FOIA.
There is a leaker in the SDNY. Feeding this stuff.
Just like the MLB steroids test leaking to the NYT with the names of players.

Ha. Then the FBI didn't put up a fight. You can deny any document related to an ongoing criminal investigation.

This was "leaked".

I don't think that's accurate:
Sitting under protective order right now are the fruits of 330 days of monitoring activity by the feds, which one assistant US Attorney noted Thursday was “a voluminous amount of material.” That includes wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls and thousands of documents and bank records obtained from raids and confiscated computers, including those from notorious NBA agent Andy Miller.

ETA: so far we've seen four pages of an excel spreadsheet.

I remember the Whitehead recruitment like it was yesterday. Whoever hired Morton, got Whitehead. SHU came out of leftfield in the 11th hour
His sister went to school here and we weren't in his top five. Can't recall if we even got an official visit.

Text I received this morning: "Nobody is out of the woods yet. This is just the beginning, tip of the iceberg"