Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

A few unknowns

John Gillon hand written and Syracuse below name

Rob Murphy mention

We are intangibly tied to this so far from the periphery (Tony Bland).

I wonder where this goes next? I'm not so worried we are on tape or in an email, I worry that we will be linked just enough to cast doubt on the program.

Also, I think for the most part that this has been over looked, but Villanova should be sweating. They may end up vacating their NC due to ineligible players

The Rob Murphy thing was at Eastern. The Gillon thing I could do without.

A few unknowns

Rob Murphy mention

I wonder where this goes next? I'm not so worried we are on tape or in an email, I worry that we will be linked just enough to cast doubt on the program.

Also, I think for the most part that this has been over looked, but Villanova should be sweating. They may end up vacating their NC due to ineligible players
Also hoping Washington doesn't get hit hard. Would be a shame for Hop.

I know that. But I'm looking at it from the script that Forde and Thamel are crafting. This thing will continue to drip for a few weeks. They have a thing for JB and could try to tie his name to us, by oh I don't know, posting a pic of Bland in an SU uniform standing next to JB when discussing this investigation.

The bigger picture in all of this is the potential NC vacating by Nova if this keeps going where it is going

JB's already been leapfrogged in this. If they had something it would be out.

The Rob Murphy thing was at Eastern. The Gillon thing I could do without.
What possible value would John Gillon have as a client or endorser? Don’t know what his scribbled name on a balance sheet means and enjoyed having him in Orange for a year, but no one is getting rich off of an association with John Gillon as a professional athlete.

In 3,000 hours of wiretaps..are there any coaches that refused to pay?

So if miller was on the wiretap, why wasnt he arrested previously? Im sure fbi views a college coach as a top dog
These things often take a little time. Ask Carter Page and some of his associates.

Wasn't that because of Cooney and someone else he was close to in that class
It was Clooney and Michael Carter Williams that supposedly recruited Rakeem Christmas late that year. It was really late when he decided.

In 3,000 hours of wiretaps..are there any coaches that refused to pay?

that won't come out until the end. Guys doing the right thing doesn't generate clicks and website traffic.

I want Kentucky and Calipari to go down most of all... then NC then Duke. Would they really drop the hammer on those schools??? Time will tell. I think they'll end up saying there are too many programs involved and it'll just be a policy change or something. I'll believe it when I see it.

This stuff is being leaked in cycles by the media.
They want it as close to the NCAA tournament for clicks.

Thamel has a source in the SDNY feeding him documents.

ESPN’s Schalbach got fed the Miller thing from somebody so Yahoo had to release their story last night prematurely to respond to the ESPN story.

The media should just release it now and stop with drip drip until selection Sunday. If teams shouldn’t be in the tournament knock them out now. If the NCAA had any integrity they would use backchannel with these media and find out what they know.

However the NCAA doesn’t care about the integrity of the game.

I want Kentucky and Calipari to go down most of all... then NC then Duke. Would they really drop the hammer on those schools??? Time will tell. I think they'll end up saying there are too many programs involved and it'll just be a policy change or something. I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes Kentucky 1a for me as well. I mean, its so obvious with them and cal has been such a sleezeball for so long. Kansas is 2 for me due to all the shady players they have recruited over the years.

What possible value would John Gillon have as a client or endorser? Don’t know what his scribbled name on a balance sheet means and enjoyed having him in Orange for a year, but no one is getting rich off of an association with John Gillon as a professional athlete.
The "family friend" relationship without further explanation reeks. Of course he was never going to be a lotto pick but he could still be an asset. I would not discount any high major player.

Self impose a ban this year, or risk the NCAA dropping the hammer next year.

If you're dirty, and you don't have a Final Four team this year, what's the better choice?

A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. They take the money now, get the ban later.

Self impose a ban this year, or risk the NCAA dropping the hammer next year.

If you're dirty, and you don't have a Final Four team this year, what's the better choice?
But if you're dirty and have just a decent team, you might actually have a Final Four team if enough others self-impose and drop out this season.

Holy moly! Did you guys read the whole thing? More than just Zona. Coaches from Michigan State, Indiana...

I can't believe this Dawkins guy and their staff actually typed this stuff out and sent detailed emails, let alone phone calls about it. Money, money, money!
And this implicates Nike...

A few unknowns

Rob Murphy mention

Who are they going to vacate to? There's nobody without ineligible players it would seem. All drug Olympics is what this is like

The "family friend" relationship without further explanation reeks. Of course he was never going to be a lotto pick but he could still be an asset. I would not discount any high major player.
Thinking about Gillon, maybe he was on hook with Colorado State, and that when he transferred to Syracuse the agent made a note that he was no longer with C State, but now at Syracuse? Timing would match

Who are they going to vacate to? There's nobody without ineligible players it would seem. All drug Olympics is what this is like

You don't "vacate to" anybody. You just take the wins away. It's not like michigan are your 2013 champs now. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.