Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

DC wasn’t big time? Pearl? Melo? Cmac? We’ve had them over the years. It’s not just top 10 guys getting paid. We were all over Anthony Davis...you think there wasn’t a bidding war?
Who knows if there was a bidding war. I'd bet we were on the more conservative side, if at all. We typically lose those battles, early on moreso than not.

Anthony Davis blossomed a ton later in his high school career. I think he grew something like 6-8 inches between his Jr & Sr year. Then he blew up even more so.

Who knows if there was a bidding war. I'd bet we were on the more conservative side, if at all. We typically lose those battles, early on moreso than not.

Anthony Davis blossomed a ton later in his high school career. I think he grew something like 6-8 inches between his Jr & Sr year. Then he blew up even more so.
I just don’t buy the fact that we are somehow above it all. The narrative doesn’t fit

DC wasn’t big time? Pearl? Melo? Cmac? We’ve had them over the years. It’s not just top 10 guys getting paid. We were all over Anthony Davis...you think there wasn’t a bidding war?
Why isn't Syracuse listed on that spreadsheet. That is real evidence, but nope, no Syracuse. Except for some scribbling on the margin for a player that nobody else wanted that could have been put there at any time.

Anyone feel bad for the Texas Tech fans... They finally get a College Basketball College Gameday and they have to sit through all this talk instead of talk of their game... At least talk about Kansas impact in this investigation... At least that has to do with Texas Tech game later

Why isn't Syracuse listed on that spreadsheet. That is real evidence, but nope, no Syracuse. Except for some scribbling on the margin for a player that nobody else wanted that could have been put there at any time.
I’m not counting my chickens yet. Maybe we do it better. Maybe we do it less given the NCAA involvement in recent years. But the idea that we are not part of the “game” is absurd.

I’m not counting my chickens yet. Maybe we do it better. Maybe we do it less given the NCAA involvement in recent years. But the idea that we are not part of the “game” is absurd.
I believe what Boeheim has done to get his better recruits is to run a program where only 7 guys play. By doing this, he is able to promise a player that they will getting to showcase their talent by being a starter or getting huge amount of play. And it has worked brilliantly by the number of first round picks we have had. Boeheim is one smart cookie.

I believe what Boeheim has done to get his better recruits is to run a program where only 7 guys play. By doing this, he is able to promise a player that they will getting to showcase their talent by being a starter or getting huge amount of play. And it has worked brilliantly by the number of first round picks we have had. Boeheim is one smart cookie.
K has the exact same philosophy and he has to pay players?

I've yet to see it in 2 NCAA investigations which covered over 20 years. When the first investigation happened, I waited for the big bombs to drop. Nothing, nada a big nothing burger. One player got an changed to a C by retaking the course with a tutor. That was before Syracuse allowed + and - grades, so he could have been close to a D anyways. But no systematic academic fraud. And no big cash payments to get players.
We were guilty in 1993.
My god you just don’t care to look at facts.
The second time we got 3 misdemeanors turned into a giant habitual felony.
We were overpunished because JB was an ahole to the NCAA and basically dared them to come after him and they did.

Go watch the PC he had after the UNC Ashville game in 2012 NCAAT he thumbed his nose in the face of the NCAA proctor.

Of course we all hope SU isn’t on any list but how do you know this is everything?

It’s not the same profile. He never got just top 10 kids. That team in 2010 he won with was all four year players.

That's the point. His philosophy on who he recruited then and now hasn't changed, just the thought process of the kids. He doesn't go into recruiting saying "I want 4 year kids" or "I want one-and-dones". 12 years ago (which is when he recruited those 4 year players) was not the same culture in terms of one-and-done's as it is now. BTW, this has nothing to do with whether he's paying players or not, I'm just relaying what he said specific to his recruiting process.

That's the point. His philosophy on who he recruited then and now hasn't changed, just the thought process of the kids. He doesn't go into recruiting saying "I want 4 year kids" or "I want one-and-dones". 12 years ago (which is when he recruited those 4 year players) was not the same culture in terms of one-and-done's as it is now. BTW, this has nothing to do with whether he's paying players or not, I'm just relaying what he said specific to his recruiting process.

Frankly I think he like a lot of coaches is a sociopath and thinks the vast majority of people are very naive.

I mean JB once called the Watkins/Nichols/Roberts class his “best ever.”

So yeah.

All outlets are saying that it is just the tip of the iceberg. This is one agent and his crony. This must be many, many agents and their army of cronies. Even if Cuse is involved in this( and Im betting on some level they are) Just being able to see, in my lifetime, the scandal that I always knew was going on, be exposed is cathartic as hell.

I want all of these teams exposed, tarred and feathered in the public eye. The CBB product right now is hot garbage to watch and be involved in. Maybe we can get back to fundamentals and heart.

I, for one, am looking forward to it.

There is zero times in the history of the NCAA that this hasn’t been going on. There’s no pure past of “fundamentals and heart”, whatever that means, to return to.