Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

Because proving that ‘darling little school’ to be cheaters, would make my goddamn day.

Screw them and the Gonzaga fan boys on here who worship them.

I have made a TON of $$$ betting against them in the tourney though.

But oh well, fluck em.

Anybody that makes logical arguments against Kaiser terrible takes is labelled a fanboy or some other insult. In that case, I am glad to be a fanboy or whatever term he has called me ... over and over for 3 years running.

I don't think it is possible for us to be involved. We just don't get involved with blue chip recruits anymore. Maybe we are about to find out why.
Dear James Naismith in the sky, I hope so. Some 36 different teams puts a lot of recruits in play

Anybody that makes logical arguments against Kaiser terrible takes is labelled a fanboy. In that case, I am glad to be a fanboy... over and over and over for 3 years running.
I don’t know who u are, but I’ll guess a zaga fanboy.

Of course the big boys I’d like to see go down, forgot how dumb people are on here, and how you have to spell e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. out for them, it’s why I mostly stay away.

That said, yes...please let me see Gonzaga on that list.

No way Cuse is on it, not possible.

Last edited:
I don’t know who u are.

Of course the big boys I’d like to see go down, forgot how dumb people are on here, and how you have to spell e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. out for them, it’s why I mostly stay away.

That said, yes...please let me see Gonzaga on that list.

No way Cuse is on it, not possible.

My top ten wish list -
  • Kentucky
  • Kentucky
  • Kentucky
  • Kentucky
  • Kentucky
  • Kentucky
  • Kentucky
  • Kentucky
  • Kentucky
  • Gonzaga
I'm just kidding. It's Kentucky.

Seriously, my guess is that no big names get touched. It's the NCAA that would be doing the enforcement, not the FBI.

I don't think it is possible for us to be involved. We just don't get involved with blue chip recruits anymore. Maybe we are about to find out why.

36 schools is a lot.

assuming a few will be the teams already named, here's my 36ish team wishlist, in no particular order:

Georgetown
UNC
Duke
UK
Minnesota
WhoConn
Georgetown
Indiana
Georgetown
Pedo State
Arizona
Mich State
Illinois
Auburn
Louisville
Seton Hall
USC
South Carolina
Alabama
Georgetown
OK St
Baylor
Arkansas
Kansas
Washington (pre Hop)
Florida
UCF
Houston
UCLA
Ohio State
Akron
Jimtown
Marquette
Tennessee
Butler
Dayton
Providence
Wichita State
Iowa State
Maryland

What about Georgetown?

As we have been finding out being on the bubble every year

Eh, I don't know how much stock I'd put in our being completely clean. Maybe, but it's not like we haven't gotten highly regarded players in that span.

This is the Feds. They don’t care who goes down. Probably talking about prison for some people here.

oooh.. prison for paying someone so a kid goes to school somewhere. meanwhile nobody went to jail when HSCB admitted they laundered millions if not billions for drug cartels. sounds about right.

This is the Feds. They don’t care who goes down. Probably talking about prison for some people here.

I really rather have this go away... just my gut feeling. I the status quo remain. Weve gotten a lot of good players over the years...

The whole investigations stems from Adidas AAU and Adidas schools, unless something changed that I missed. Look at the Adidas schools first, then look at Nike (and UA I suppose) schools who landed 5 star recruits from Adidas AAU programs.

IMO, there's your list.

The whole investigations stems from Adidas AAU and Adidas schools, unless something changed that I missed. Look at the Adidas schools first, then look at Nike (and UA I suppose) schools who landed 5 star recruits from Adidas AAU programs.

IMO, there's your list.
Which schools wear Nike, Adidas and Under Armour?

Your P5+ Adidas schools:
Tulsa, East Carolina, Louisville, Miami, NC State, G'Tech*, Kansas, Indiana, Nebraska, Rutgirls, ASU, Miss St., TAM.

13. And half barely register top-100 recruits, let alone, the top-10 or -20. There has to be quite a few Nike and UA schools if the OP rumor is accurate.

Eh, I don't know how much stock I'd put in our being completely clean. Maybe, but it's not like we haven't gotten highly regarded players in that span.
No way to know for sure, but with the NCAA hanging on our back porch 8 of the last 10 years (that's how long they investigated SU), my guess is that we are not part of this fray.

Syracuse was ransacked with penalties for A. Some players smoking weed ( No other SU students do this.), B. A few players getting paid a few hundred dollars for refereeing summer games run by a charity and C. 1 player from the barrios of Brazil who couldn't really read or write English that well, got help writing a paper which was about his life story and how he got to Syracuse ( No other SU students have people help or write papers for them). These schools involved in this investigation payed players to come to their teams. Question, What penalties should they get.

If it's us again JB has to be toast.

I think we have been out of the business of paying for players since the probation in the early 90s, and the story about Rob Johnson in Raw Recruits.

I think that is borne out in how certain top players who call us their dream school are mysteriously never pursued.

FBI is not the NCAA.

The NCAA will probably say they didn't know anything about the schools involved. Or like they did earlier, infer that because they knew there were other agencies (FBI) involved, they didn't want to get in the way.

Hopefully, whatever happens, it will make the NCAA look like the irresponsible organization that they are.

I hope the Feds can arrest Emmert on a RICO statute.

Because proving that ‘darling little school’ to be cheaters, would make my goddamn day.

Screw them and the Gonzaga fan boys on here who worship them.

I have made a TON of $$$ betting against them in the tourney though.

But oh well, fluck em.