Is there a dumber play... | Syracusefan.com

Is there a dumber play...

Yeah. In the biggest defensive possession of the year (arguably), going under a screen up top without communicating with the other guard to help, allowing a wide open three at the top of the key to a guy who has already made some three point shots.

Read that sentence again.

A wide open three for a shooter from straight on.

I don't care what the percentages say. That is called idiotic defense in 2018.

Than a weak reach in foul from behind on a breakaway? It results in an and 1 every time. If your going to foul on a breakaway, make sure the ball does not get to the rim

walking the ball up the court down three with less than 30 seconds left. i mean you asked.

I can came up with a few dumber plays, but this one is certainly in the top 10.

The dumbest play in sports is still getting thrown out on the basepaths in the ninth inning when you are down by multiple runs. Only time I nearly got in a fight with a teammate was when I was 16, and some idiot was thrown out at home, trying to go from second to home on a single. This ended the game and we were still down 2.

I can came up with a few dumber plays, but this one is certainly in the top 10.

The dumbest play in sports is still getting thrown out on the basepaths in the ninth inning when you are down by multiple runs. Only time I nearly got in a fight with a teammate was when I was 16, and some idiot was thrown out at home, trying to go from second to home on a single. This ended the game and we were still down 2.

No guts, no glory

I'm not one for one-upmanship, but the dumbest play in all of sports was when my CYO coach put me in after riding the bench all game (I was that bad). I was so excited and nervous to play that I took the inbounds pass and immediately made a great ten-foot bank shot...in the opposing team's basket. :(

I'm not one for one-upmanship, but the dumbest play in all of sports was when my CYO coach put me in after riding the bench all game (I was that bad). I was so excited and nervous to play that I took the inbounds pass and immediately made a great ten-foot bank shot...in the opposing team's basket. :(

That's fantastic! So you were watching all game and never noticed which basket your team was shooting at? :)

The turnover going the other way (Moyer) drives me to lunacy.

Yeah, that sucked. I gotta commend Moyer (not that you aren’t) though. He played hard and they needed another body out there. A turnover like that was bound to happen since he was dribbling and playmaking way too much all game too far from the basket. Some of those dribbling exhibitions against the press and elsewhere were making me nervous, ha.

No guts, no glory

If he was thrown out at home and he was the tying run, I would have no issue. It's the fact that his run meant nothing - there is no need to take risks.

The turnover going the other way (Moyer) drives me to lunacy.

I've always been a big advocate of jump first, decide what to do with the basketball second.

Without a process, you have nothing.

I've always been a big advocate of jump first, decide what to do with the basketball second.

Without a process, you have nothing.

My son seems to enjoy that play as well.

Than a weak reach in foul from behind on a breakaway? It results in an and 1 every time. If your going to foul on a breakaway, make sure the ball does not get to the rim
How about shoving a guy that just made a layup against you. That ranks up there.

Not going 2-for-1 at the end of the 1st half when you got the ball with a minute left, and then still let them score at the buzzer?
I was really annoyed but what happened there. Brissett scored with about 37 seconds left. NCSU didn't pick up the ball to inbound until it was down to 29, so the shot clock was off. Something seems not kosher about that.

I was really annoyed but what happened there. Brissett scored with about 37 seconds left. NCSU didn't pick up the ball to inbound until it was down to 29, so the shot clock was off. Something seems not kosher about that.

Yeah, if you did that when I was in HS, they considered that a violation of the 5 second rule. Had to be touched within 5 seconds, not just passed.

I was complaining about that last night - I said to a friend that we did good to get a shot up with enough time to get another quick possession. NC State meanwhile just waited 8 or 9 seconds to walk around and then eventually pick up the ball and inbound it...from there the two-for-one was kaput. Seems like that should be some sort of delay of game...hell, just give them a warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom