Is there any chance | Syracusefan.com

Is there any chance

sabach

All American
that TCU decides not to come into the BE and goes to the Big 12 to take Texas A&M's spot?

Can't go until you're invited. The other Texas schools have looked down on them for many years.
They may also believe that BCS bowls are easier to attain via the Big East.

Sure there is. But I doubt they would.

Right now, the B12-11-10-9 is about as unstable as can be. And one thing that TCU must consider is that if they indeed leave for the B12, where would the Big East look for new teams? That's right, we'd be looking at poaching teams from the B12-11-10-9...further destabilizing that conference.

On top of that, every team in that conference is publicly saying they are a cohesive unit. Privately, each would leave the conference in a New York minute if a nice deal came up.

Big East is more stable than the Big 12 for the time being. It might not be that way for long, but that would be a huge risk for TCU, especially the the Big East ends up getting that huge contract and becomes the benefactor of this whole thing.

The BE could get poached as easily as the B12. I like the competitiveness angle though. TCU have a much easier path to a BCS bowl via the BE than they will in the B12. If A&M and Nebraska couldn't hack it against UT on a regular basis, then there's no way such a small school can. Plus, the basketball upgrade has to help even. It gives their hoops program a little prestige even if it doesn't bring in a lot of extra money relative to football.

If A&M and Nebraska couldn't hack it against UT on a regular basis, then there's no way such a small school can. Plus, the basketball upgrade has to help even.

To be fair, TCU would've curb stomped UT last year. Most years though, it'd be a struggle. TCU definitely likes the BCS chances in the Big East.

Would they have to pay a "Buyout"? I mean, next years conference scheduling has been penciled in, and an agreement has been made by them to join the BE. It can't be that easy at the moment for them to ditch the BE already is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom