Is there any doubt that Charlie starts | Syracusefan.com

Is there any doubt that Charlie starts

kcsu

Living Legend
I say that there is a 75% chance that Charlie gets the nod. The kid has the best arm. He seems to be a solid athlete who can run better than Ryan by all accounts. Hunt has good upside and given the fact that we have a dedicated QB coach he might make great strides. Still i think when it is all said and done Charlie is under center for PState

I'd be happy with anyone starting really. If we want the QB to run a lot i say start Hunt. If we are not going to rely a ton on the QB running start Charlie. I just really don't want a 2 QB system. Those aren't fun to watch :noidea:

I would agree that the good looking one appears to have the edge early on. You never know though.

I'd be happy with anyone starting really. If we want the QB to run a lot i say start Hunt. If we are not going to rely a ton on the QB running start Charlie. I just really don't want a 2 QB system. Those aren't fun to watch :noidea:

I would agree that the good looking one appears to have the edge early on. You never know though.

That isn't the impression that I am getting from the articles that are out there. I would think they can be interpreted that Hunt is the frontrunner.

If we assume that our running game is going to be good -- with what we have returning at RB, and the progress of the OL last season, along with their anticipated further development, then we need an arm to keep defenses honest. That gives us the best chance at a balanced and effective offense. Got to keep defenses from stacking in the box, as we saw for so many years there.

So the question should be, which QB gives us the best chance at an efficient passing game? There is your QB.

I don't think anyone knows at this point. They are all going to get a real opportunity at the job.

Hunt was in at 6am watching tape! Can't count him out.

I agree with the post above. If the other team has to stack the box to stop our running attack we need someone who can get the ball out and hit the deep throws as we are going to get our shots especially with the size and speed we have in Foster West Flemming and the Funder. Throw in Clark and Kobena along with the new kids and we have some real solid threats. I think that fact that Charlie is without a doubt our best passer gives him the nod.

I believe the staff would like Hunt to win it... 3 years left...a true dual threat... no idea or inside info but why wouldnt they hold out hope that Hunt can be the present/future.

If we can successfully replace Pugh on the o-line then maybe Loeb is the way to go because of his arm. If we can't, then we may need someone that can escape pressure and improvise more. I'm obviously making assumptions about Loeb's mobility since I have no clue how well he moves.

Whoever the coaches' think gives us the best chance to win, is who I want.

I agree. I trust the coaches. I'm a little suprise that all this loeb stuff is all over the papers. If one of the freshmen come in and make waves, it's all for not. Can't rule them out.

If we can successfully replace Pugh on the o-line then maybe Loeb is the way to go because of his arm. If we can't, then we may need someone that can escape pressure and improvise more. I'm obviously making assumptions about Loeb's mobility since I have no clue how well he moves.
Replacing Pugh is not as huge for Loeb as he's a lefty so RT is more important for his blind side.

I agree. I trust the coaches. I'm a little suprise that all this loeb stuff is all over the papers. If one of the freshmen come in and make waves, it's all for not. Can't rule them out.
LOL yes you can. Neither kid is going to come in, earn the respect of the team and learn the playbook as a true freshman with no spring practice. I'll buy you season tickets if Kimble or Wilson wins the starting job.

I tend to agree, I just would hate to see Charlie not get the nod after this wave of press.

I believe the staff would like Hunt to win it... 3 years left...a true dual threat... no idea or inside info but why wouldnt they hold out hope that Hunt can be the present/future.

At first glance of the overall situation I agree with you but looking at how admiral hardnosed is looking at the competition I feel the one who can master the playbook and command the offense will be our starter not the one with the most athletic talent. So my vote goes with charlie thats just based off of what I am hearing.

Replacing Pugh is not as huge for Loeb as he's a lefty so RT is more important for his blind side.
The whole line is affected when losing someone of Pugh's caliber. Remember how bad the right side looked before Pugh came back allowing Hickey to move from left to right? Prior to that, Nassib was getting blown up on the right side and the running game sucked.

The whole line is affected when losing someone of Pugh's caliber. Remember how bad the right side looked before Pugh came back allowing Hickey to move from left to right? Prior to that, Nassib was getting blown up on the right side and the running game sucked.

Right, so Hickey could stay at RT with Loeb at QB. I think Hickey playing LT or RT could depend on who's playing QB.

FWIW, it's been reported that Loeb does move well for a QB.

Right, so Hickey could stay at RT with Loeb at QB. I think Hickey playing LT or RT could depend on who's playing QB.

FWIW, it's been reported that Loeb does move well for a QB.
You're missing my point. Whichever side Hickey moves to leaves an opening on the other. Nassib's blind side was protected all year, but it wasn't until we had a strong player on both sides that Nassib stopped getting pressured near as much and the running game also took off. Therefore, some of the decision for which qb takes over could be based on the strength of the new OL guys. I've heard Loeb moves better than Nassib too, but if we end up with a major hole in the OL we may need a guy with the ability to make a free rusher miss and turn a broken play into positive yards. Hunt sounds like a guy that can do that better. I'll be interested to see how everything shakes out with all of the openings on offense.

Honestly, I believe right now SU does not have a high quality Div-1 QB!!! Maybe and that's a big maybe by mid-season the QB position will come along. I find it hard to believe sometime along the line Loeb should of played sometime. Ryan did struggle at time-right!! That shows me dougie(not a real fan of his) had no faith in Loeb at all. The QB position is the major decision for HCSS this spring/fall!!

Honestly, I believe right now SU does not have a high quality Div-1 QB!!! Maybe and that's a big maybe by mid-season the QB position will come along. I find it hard to believe sometime along the line Loeb should of played sometime. Ryan did struggle at time-right!! That shows me dougie(not a real fan of his) had no faith in Loeb at all. The QB position is the major decision for HCSS this spring/fall!!

Loeb is dismissed because he didn't beat out a player who is going to be one of the first five picked in this draft and owns just about every season and career passing record this program has. That equals no faith, yeah that makes sense.

The stories this week state that Loeb pushed Nassib the last couple of years and that it was closer than most people knew. If that's the case that's a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom