Is there any doubt that Charlie starts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is there any doubt that Charlie starts

I made no such comment. I was simply replying to the post praising loeb for throwing a completion in the bowl game when it was just a basic screen. If he completed a seam route under pressure, then that would be different.

Please note that I went out of my way to say I had no problem with your comment--I in fact agree with you. My "preposterous bordering on the ridiculous" comment referred to an earlier poster in the guise of a "fan" who was famous (infamous) for making constant baseless negative comments about the program over at the Syracuse.com SU FB board. Your toes were not meant to be stepped on.;)

I am still trying to figure out why throwing a flanker screen called by a completely different offensive staff makes Charlie Loeb the frontrunner for the starting QB this year.

Loeb is dismissed because he didn't beat out a player who is going to be one of the first five picked in this draft and owns just about every season and career passing record this program has. That equals no faith, yeah that makes sense.

The stories this week state that Loeb pushed Nassib the last couple of years and that it was closer than most people knew. If that's the case that's a good thing.

I said a long time ago that Nassib was our best QB since McNabb. Hopefully Charlie has a year like Todd Philcox.

Good post Go. With Hunt having missed practice last year and with Charlie having been very close to Ryan according to those in the know i believe he gives us the best chance to win this year. We have a ton of talent at the skill positions. Smith, PTG, Morris, AAm, West, Wales, Thompson, Funder, Foster, Flemming, and Ash. What we need is a QB who understands the playbook inside and out and get us in the right play call. Once in the right play call all Charlie needs to do is to distribute the ball to our playmakers. He doesnt need to be the Man

That's why maybe the most important thing is that the new OC hopefully doesn't change the whole approach. Otherwise we lose that continuity.

I am still trying to figure out why throwing a flanker screen called by a completely different offensive staff makes Charlie Loeb the frontrunner for the starting QB this year.

It doesn't.

Being the only QB currently on the roster who has thrown a pass, or even taken a snap, in a game makes him the front runner.

Heard some stuff recently that actually makes me doubt Charley starting a bit. Just saying.

Heard some stuff recently that actually makes me doubt Charley starting a bit. Just saying.
We'll have a better idea at the Spring game and some time in August.
There's lots of time between now and then for the position to be lost and (re-)earned.

It doesn't.

Being the only QB currently on the roster who has thrown a pass, or even taken a snap, in a game makes him the front runner.

But, none of that matters with a new staff.

I agree, if Marrone's staff was still here, Charley would be the frontrunner.

There is no frontrunner for the job now. Everyone has started on equal footing.

The real question is whether a starter will be named after spring ball?

I am guessing bnoro is probably right and has some inside info. My money was on Hunt from the beginning with Charley or Kinder backing him up.

I am guessing bnoro is probably right and has some inside info. My money was on Hunt from the beginning with Charley or Kinder backing him up.
I still think Loeb has an inside track, but I think if it's close Hunt will get the nod.

Interesting. Can you share a bit of what you heard? Or at least tell us if it's positive or negative.

He's too good looking not to start. period.

He will entice hot girls to buy tickets, which will attract more dudes to the dome.

The Dome will look like a packed house beer commercial!

It's going to be awesome.

The Dome crowd (and Millhouse) is going to be so screechy. Especially when we're on offense.

The negative stuff in this thread is complete dogsh!t by the way.

Because he completed it and his ridiculous good looks also grant him excellent people skills.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I still think Loeb has an inside track, but I think if it's close Hunt will get the nod.

That's a perfectly reasonable approach. If it's close go with the guy that has three years.

bnoro, any word on Drew Allen... Is he taking more visits?

But, none of that matters with a new staff.

I agree, if Marrone's staff was still here, Charley would be the frontrunner.

There is no frontrunner for the job now. Everyone has started on equal footing.

The real question is whether a starter will be named after spring ball?

My point was simply that the most veteran QB on the roster, who also happens to be the only one with game experience, would be the frontrunner entering spring practice.

This edge the frontrunner had, whether it were small or large, would quickly be made insignificant by current evaluations.

Game snaps don't mean Loeb will start, they simply mean he will be the first guy who gets a crack at first team reps in early practices. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

For the record, I'm guessing a starter will not be named after spring ball.

Starting to look like a bit more than a little doubt. Feel badly for Charlie but may the best player win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom