Is there anything more annoying that the Chris / Cliff Paul ads? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is there anything more annoying that the Chris / Cliff Paul ads?

I actually enjoy the Paul commercials. I don't take them very seriously though nor read into them too much to become a critic.

How many of you guys and gals find yourself singing "Gigantic"? C'mon, now. Admit it. You know you do.
I think more people are upset over what that song is based upon than anything else. At least more people get exposed to the Pixies though. Only 25 years too late! Better late than never!

Apparently, Gottlieb has a new showcase show on another new sports network. Saw a few promos... Good thingss happen to bad people.

Last edited:
:DSnap. I bet those nurses want you to rest!

Soros doesn't own Progressive; you may be confusing Progressive with the Dinosaur.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/peterlewis.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Bar-B-Que
" George Soros does not own or control Progressive Insurance. However, the chairman of the Progressive Corporation, Peter Lewis, is a known 'political associate' of George Soros. Together they financially support many liberal causes."

Maybe this is where my confusion came from. A friend who is far right wing sent me what was probably ugly propaganda urging me not to support Soros' New World Order and stay away from the insurance company that he controlled. I usually research stuff like that.

local car sales maven billy fuccillo spends thousands of dollars daily on tv ads that actually drive me away from his product .

How many of you guys and gals find yourself singing "Gigantic"? C'mon, now. Admit it. You know you do.

That was a particularly depressing sell out

First off, its not clever. Its just stupid. Its not funny.

Its played incessantly.

That annoying background music...I hear it in my sleep.

Historical inaccuracy. That one version where the kids ask who invented the assist...and there is the "footage" of the Paul's ancestors playing in a mixed basketball game. never would have happened. not in the south especially, which is where he is from.

Yes. The Wendy's "Now that's better" commercials are the worst ever created. Do people really have sandwich envy that they are tapping into? What? Ciabata bread? awful. "Egg salada?!" What a loser! The guy has egg salad when he could have gone to Wendy's to hang with the pretentious red head instead! Bwahahaha!

The DurAnt "framily" commercial is awful

Anyone know if that kid in the treehouse in that brutally awful ad played the banjo in "Deliverance?"

Last edited:
OMG I couldn't possibly agree more. I loved Grant Hill as a player and he seems like a class act to the core, but he is literally the world's most boring human being. That commercial during that NCAA tourney where he was showing his old Duke footage to Steve Smith made me want to gouge my eyes out.

The Time Warner commercial with Bill Cowher and the Asian girl about to get married is played relentlessly in TW markets and is awful

All of the Bill Cowher ones are annoying, Bill needs to step away from the tw commercials and come back to coaching.