Is there NFL talent on 2024 roster? | Syracusefan.com

Is there NFL talent on 2024 roster?

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
I know we are excited, and should enjoy the off-season infusion of talent.

That said, do we have NFL talent on this roster as it is constructed currently?

QB - McCord was projected mid round (4th) after last season at OSU. Can he sustain that or improve upon that this year on the hill?

RB - Allen is a nice college player, however I don't feel he has that differential needed for RB in today's NFL. The position is being marginalized more and more.

WR / TE - Depending on how he bounces back, Gadsden can be a mid to late round pick. Not sure if any of the transfers have any unique or elite skill sets to get drafted (though Tristan Jackson is still in the league getting opportunities).

OL - As of now I don't see any difference makers or NFL talent here. An area that will need strong focus in coming recruiting classes if the program is to get to the next level.

DL - with the infusion of transfer talent, this presents an intriguing position to watch. I could see two or three guys potentially positioning themselves to be drafted, with Diggs being the main man.

LB - another solid but not quite elite enough position group. Maybe McDonald?

DB - Alijah Clark will probably be a mid round pick. Can this group under Frans guidance find another pick or two?

Specials - With a strong season, can we get another Punter into the league?

Thoughts?

QB - McCord was projected mid round (4th) after last season at OSU. Can he sustain that or improve upon that this year on the hill?

RB - Allen is a nice college player, however I don't feel he has that differential needed for RB in today's NFL. The position is being marginalized more and more.

WR / TE - Depending on how he bounces back, Gadsden can be a mid to late round pick. Not sure if any of the transfers have any unique or elite skill sets to get drafted (though Tristan Jackson is still in the league getting opportunities).

OL - As of now I don't see any difference makers or NFL talent here. An area that will need strong focus in coming recruiting classes if the program is to get to the next level.

DL - with the infusion of transfer talent, this presents an intriguing position to watch. I could see two or three guys potentially positioning themselves to be drafted, with Diggs being the main man.

DB - Alijah Clark will probably be a mid round pick. Can this group under Frans guidance find another pick or two?

Thoughts?

If Gadsend is back to normal, I’m sure he will continue getting 1st/2nd round looks

At what position? Seems small for a Tight end and not fast enough for a wide out. Great hands.

WR

Even tho he’s playing TE he will be WR likely at the next level.

Although, look at Waller, he’s a bit undersized and has made a heck of a career

IMG_2446.jpeg

And then there is this, this was obviously pre injury.

But he was likely on track to being a 1st/2nd round pick

WR

View attachment 236858

Not to derail this thread, but Ladd McConkey at 7?!? That seems way out of whack.

There is a lot of talent on this team. Probably the most talented team we’ve had in 20 or so years. I’m not going to list any of the true freshman because they haven’t played a down of college ball yet but we know the freshman class is the most talented we’ve had in also probably 20+ years. So good bet we’ll have a few draftee from that class. But just going off transfers and current players from last years team. These are the players likely to get drafted/on NFL radars.

Gadsden
McCord
Laquint Allen
Diggs
Wax
Clark
Barron
Devin Grant
Nwokocha
Duce
McDonald
Jobity
Jaquez

Not saying all these guys get drafted but they have the most potential too and are likely on draft radars. Now a few guys definitely have potential like:

Enrique Cruz
David W
Hastings
Reed
Dion Wilson
Zeed
And obviously a few of the younger guys but they obviously have more to prove at this point

Thoughts?
I think u missed our other TE. Villari has nfl potential and toughness.

If we block well enough with 5 plus a RB Vallari and Gadsden will be an interesting mix for teams. Vallari if he can block some in space has NFL TE stuff in many ways. We get a HR Wr that teams have to worry about guys will get a chance to show what they can do with a QB who can make the throws.

If we block well enough with 5 plus a RB Vallari and Gadsden will be an interesting mix for teams. Vallari if he can block some in space has NFL TE stuff in many ways. We get a HR Wr that teams have to worry about guys will get a chance to show what they can do with a QB who can make the throws.

I hate thinking how scary good this team could be come this fall

Mainly because I usually end up with disappointment

There has been some NFL talent even in the GERG years. We never know who will develop but we have some players who will be seniors who should get a good long look.

There is a lot of talent on this team. Probably the most talented team we’ve had in 20 or so years. I’m not going to list any of the true freshman because they haven’t played a down of college ball yet but we know the freshman class is the most talented we’ve had in also probably 20+ years. So good bet we’ll have a few draftee from that class. But just going off transfers and current players from last years team. These are the players likely to get drafted/on NFL radars.

Gadsden
McCord
Laquint Allen
Diggs
Wax
Clark
Barron
Devin Grant
Nwokocha
Duce
McDonald
Jobity
Jaquez

Not saying all these guys get drafted but they have the most potential too and are likely on draft radars. Now a few guys definitely have potential like:

Enrique Cruz
David W
Hastings
Reed
Dion Wilson
Zeed
And obviously a few of the younger guys but they obviously have more to prove at this point
This is a good list. I think Duce, McDonald, Jobity and Jaquez should get moved down from the likely list to the potential list and also add Villari on the potential as was stated. But he obviously needs to show more production of what he can do solely out of the TE position as he only had 20 catches for 180 yds and 2 TD's there in 2023.

Nope. Not one.

Opposing team coaches & scouts: based on the lack of skilled Syracuse players, this should be your easiest game of the season. A great chance to let your 1st and 2nd string players rest & heal. Let your 3rd string players show what they’ve got.

best team on paper since ED group probably better than them.

Sure, fire kids that make the league.

QB
RB
OG
Barron
Wax
Dan
In addition, I think that another 6 possibly 8 will end up sticking. This is a deep group BUT unfortunately, we are still weak at OL.

best team on paper since ED group probably better than them.

Sure, fire kids that make the league.

QB
RB
OG
Barron
Wax
Dan
In addition, I think that another 6 possibly 8 will end up sticking. This is a deep group BUT unfortunately, we are still weak at OL.
Let’s see how our conditioning program and player development plays out before we say they are a weak group. I agree it’s the most uncertain group, but we do have more options than most years.

Villari is going to be interesting

He certainly is showing he could potentially play a pivotal role for our team this season

And if he does, he probably becomes an late round draft pick
I think he can be better than that if he really puts it together over the next couple of years. He’s got NFL athleticism and he’s an animal.

I think he can be better than that if he really puts it together over the next couple of years. He’s got NFL athleticism and he’s an animal.
I think he should play QB.

Wait, I absofluckinglutely don’t think he should play QB, that’s asinine. So glad that aloha schmuck is gone.

Villari is going to be interesting

He certainly is showing he could potentially play a pivotal role for our team this season

And if he does, he probably becomes an late round draft pick
One of my fearless predictions is that the offense will feature a lot of play action passing, and Villari is going to chew up yards as a block and release outlet.

One of my fearless predictions is that the offense will feature a lot of play action passing, and Villari is going to chew up yards as a block and release outlet.
I think it would be in the best interest of those players who believe they are ready to try and a player like McCord, who has this year to commit to trying to do his best looking forward to the NFL Combine, to let this season play out first.

Let them see how they perform against ACC competition and whether they know they have the value to be looked at positively during the season and have built up enough from their peers and scouts to encourage them to try and make a case for a performance in Indianapolis or at Pro Day in Syracuse.

Injuries are a part of football and hopefully we will have a meager amount of them this year, during the season, so that injury will not be a factor in making the decision for them.

I don’t anything except the press clippings about those 4 star players, transfers like Diggs coming in, so there is an aspect about your question that can’t be answered, yet. It remains to be seen who gets the start and stays at the top of the depth chart the entire season and if that matters with regards to the draft.

There is always the magnet of NFL money that pulls at a player good enough to think he has the goods to declare. My position about that is a question. Do you believe you are good enough to make a difference for yourself and the league, or have heard enough and done well enough to have gotten the media’s attention for most of the season to keep the attention of NFL scouts?

As mentioned before, we haven’t seen this team or the individuals on it, at least I haven’t to make a decision about anyone. Kyle McCord has to have the best year he can have – so does Oronde Gadsden who is looking forward to a big year, although if he doesn’t have it, has another year to prove himself. There are a few more players who I think will be at Pro Day taking their shot to impress a team with a 4.3 40 or 40” vertical leap.

This team overall is a young team. Many sophomores and freshman who have yet to experience many if any games. I would suggest to juniors who need to provide the team with their best and that their best is good enough to be invited to workout at the Combine but don’t, to stay another year and try again. But there is always the tug, the pull of the dollar that lurks in the minds of I’ll bet every player on that team.

It’s natural for every player on the team to dream about making it to the NFL. Turning those dreams into reality is what we’re betting on to win big year certainly bigger than last. Perhaps someone we haven’t heard that much about will step up and become a star for Syracuse this year.

I know I haven’t answered your question, but I for one have to see this team play under Fran Brown and his excellent coaches to answer. I hope we have a great season and more than expected area able to seek out there futures in the NFL.

WR

View attachment 236858

Yep, will be a TO type of across the middle slashing target to keep the LBs honest, like Michael Irvin, the midgets from New England for Brady and Michael Evans from Tampa Bay. Toughness required

I think u missed our other TE. Villari has nfl potential and toughness.
I like Villari but he had 200 receiving yards last year, and he isn't an exceptional blocker either. Think we need to pump the breaks a bit.

I like Villari but he had 200 receiving yards last year, and he isn't an exceptional blocker either. Think we need to pump the breaks a bit.
Agree. He could be solid for us this year but NFL player is definitely premature at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom