Is this anybody here? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is this anybody here?

Lost any credibility when he said "Syracuse is located in the worst high school football state in the country"

Lost any credibility when he said "Syracuse is located in the worst high school football state in the country"
He’s been continuously saying it on local radio shows for over 20 years.

Good ole CIS!!

He didn't call in for almost 10 years, I think it was because he was taking care of an ill family member.

He has called in a few times recently.

It was funny how excited Dan and the Danettes got when they got their first call from Chris in almost a decade. Was legitimately like running into an old friend they hadn't seen in years.

EDIT: Looks like he broke his long silence back in 2022; its on Youtube: " Chris in Syracuse Makes His Return After 10 Years".

Last edited:
They're broke and have been for sometime.

They may have had some big time folks step up with NIL dollars, I assume that's how they're doing what they're doing with this class.

I don't know if its still the case, but 20 years ago there was a sizable percentage of the faculty that vocally hated college athletics. My guess is they've come to peace with cashing Big Ten checks, as long as Rutgers doesn't get any big ideas about actually competing...the university culture has always been a huge hurdle there.

Was the same thing with basketball at Binghamton University - faculty saw themselves as a "public Ivy" that didn't want to be sullied by "big time college athletics". That they thought America East was too big time gives insight into how much they hated athletics. The faculty was a big part of creating chaos when the scandal under Broadus broke, and they succeeded in getting the university to de-emphasize trying to compete. Its why they've stunk for 15 years, and kept a guy on for nearly a decade who never won more than 12 games in Dempsey. I suspect some similar type of controversy will happen at Rutgers if they ever have too many "good" seasons in a row for the faculty preferences.

The Big Ten likely knows they screwed up by inviting Rutgers because of that university culture, but continue to furiously polish the turd by hyping Rutgers football every year...its not like they really have any other choice. Only delusional nutjobs like John actually buy into that hype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom