Is this rivalry going to survive? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is this rivalry going to survive?

Have you watched Louisville/Kentucky? That doesn't mean anything for conference standings either. I get the difference, but G-town game can still be special.

UL/UK at least still have something in common in geography. SU/G'town or even SU/UConn have nothing other than we used to be a in a league together.

Moving forward I think Louisville will become our biggest rival in the ACC.

Have you watched Louisville/Kentucky? That doesn't mean anything for conference standings either. I get the difference, but G-town game can still be special.

True, but they are both elite programs with large and passionate fanbases and are in the same state. Georgetown is a mediocre program with a small and dwindling fanbase, and is far away. If they hire the right coach their best hope would be to become an Xavier level program, but they've got a lot of work to do to get there. Their days as a big time, national level program are done.

Actually eagle54 is eagle54 everywhere. I don't hide. There is no one named Golden Hoya, that would be like me calling you All Conference.

No one HAS to do anything. Syracuse sold out for the football cash and you know what will happen, your football program will continue to be bad as they can't compete in the ACC and unfortunately your basketball program will go the way of Boston College. You won't get the recruits from the Northeast like you once did. It won't happen overnight but it will happen. Soon Syracuse will be a middling ACC program looking up to the powers in the conference that you can't compete with and you'll think back to a better era.

Just one impartial opinion. I raised this thread as I thought it would be interesting to get the views of those here on the rivalry continuing and what Syracuse in the ACC would be like longer term. There is no one here that could tell me that move helped the basketball program.

As for our coach, that's Georgetown's issue. Lord knows Syracuse has its own issues with basketball coaches on and off the court. I think the Big East proved last year that mid major status isn't at risk anytime soon but it wasn't the Hoyas who put that stamp on that.
I might be willing to agree that if Georgetown's moran of an AD hadn't blocked Penn State coming into the conference the Big East would still be in existence and we wouldn't have had to leave. Thanks again. Now go and get married at half time of some game no one cares about. To answer your questions I think the rivalry will matter to some extent. I'm 37 years old and grew up living on the west coast and loving Syracuse and hating Georgetown. I still hate Georgetown and assuming I live into my late 60's that means there will be a good amount of the fan base wanting the game for another 30 years. Also we will want to continue to play in DC for recruiting reasons and the large amount of alumni we have in the DC area. If Georgetown fans weren't completely pathetic and unable to show up to support the team they might not block Syracuse people from getting tickets to the game which would also help keep the rivalry going.

Just a little throwback.

FIinc9Q.jpg

No one HAS to do anything. Syracuse sold out for the football cash and you know what will happen, your football program will continue to be bad as they can't compete in the ACC and unfortunately your basketball program will go the way of Boston College.

As a Creighton fan I like to see the Big East do well. Now we all know GT will lose Saturday, that's a fact, but I was hoping they would at least look decent in the game for the conference's sake. Then you had to go run your mouth about Dino and the football team and now I don't care about the Big East, I hope you get embarrassed by 40 cause the funny thing is you guys still have to come to Omaha and get your beating there, probably by 50, 25 of those points thanks to Marcus Foster. Then Mo Watson is gonna go to the Verizon center, or the D-III gym, wherever they let you guys play, and run circles around you guys on the court and you better pray you don't make it past Wednesday night at the BET cause I would love to see it all happen again for a 3rd time at the Garden.

And all this ill-will came from you talking about Dino and the football program but hey...... ITS NOT YOUR FAULT, YOU DIDNT KNOW.

I will say the best thing about the conference realignment was Syracuse stayed somewhat relevant in football unlike Yukon, Cincy, and the rest of the AAC while I still get to watch GT lose to one of my teams twice a year.

Hey boys, time to get used to losing to these "lesser" conferences as you begin the long decline. To lose at home to the Hoyas is clearly a signal.

You and BC can battle it out for basketball honors going forward as you rekindle that fiery rivalry. I'm sure it'll rival DUKE-UNC someday.

Hey boys, time to get used to losing to these "lesser" conferences as you begin the long decline. To lose at home to the Hoyas is clearly a signal.

You and BC can battle it out for basketball honors going forward as you rekindle that fiery rivalry. I'm sure it'll rival DUKE-UNC someday.

Outstanding. Why don't you and fellow troll TBonezone go have a circle jerk.

Just curious with the Orange base if you think the Georgetown-Syracuse rivalry will survive with this once a year meeting.

Also, what is the sentiment about the school being in the ACC versus the Big East? I feel like the old BE schools and the new BE are both worse off from a basketball perspective. The BE before the ACC land grab was fun.
They are worse off but they all seem to own Syracuse lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom