Is this team top 25 material right now? | Syracusefan.com

Is this team top 25 material right now?

We are a top 25 team but don’t expect us to get any love until late September

I wouldn't be surprised if we get earlier love than normal. We have media attention like no other offseason. Landing a guy like McCord commanded that.

But we'll see. Need to take care of business early regardless.

ACC Championship worthy? CFB playoffs qorthy? I am pumped for the season and am amazed at what Coach Brown and his crew have accomplished so far.
I love the optimism and I'm optimistic also, but it's just impossible to tell until we know what Fran is like on gameday. Right now we have absolutely no idea. I know one thing, we have a perfect schedule for a brand new coach to ease into. Unless something insane happens like McCord gets injured, we should be favored in our first four games.

I love the optimism and I'm optimistic also, but it's just impossible to tell until we know what Fran is like on gameday. Right now we have absolutely no idea. I know one thing, we have a perfect schedule for a brand new coach to ease into. Unless something insane happens like McCord gets injured, we should be favored in our first four games.

Don’t sleep on Georgia Tech

Don’t sleep on Georgia Tech
I am not sleeping on Ohio. Having McCord and solid seniors on D should help keep team grounded but still need to come out and play without getting way to amped up. Can't wait but still need to see what the coaches can do as far as actual coaching. There's a lot of questions to be answered.

I am very optimistic based on the talent we have accumulated and a schedule that contains zero Power 4 opponents in the OOC and no FSU, Clemson, Ville or NC. With that being said, we don’t know how Fran will be in terms of game prep and Gameday and unless we bring in a solid QB2 via the portal, McCord getting hurt could be a crippling blow to the season. I fully expect us to come out and bludgeon Ohio, who is usually a tough out but they appear to be picked to go 6-6ish by MAC experts. After that, let’s see how we fare against much better competition in Ga Tech.

Yes, absolutely yes.

QB -- check.
RB -- check, and bolstered with Willis.
WR -- check, he brought in multiple transfers who are starting caliber
TE -- loaded with OG / Villari
OL -- we needed an upgrade, and Brown recruited four transfers to bolster a solid nucleus -- massive upgrade from last year
DL -- Brown brought in multiple DTs in the 300 pound range, as well as starting caliber DE
LB -- solid group
DB -- several transfers bolster a couple of key incumbents

No positional units are weak. Doesn't mean we have no weaknesses / gaps, but this is absolutely shaping up to be a top 25 caliber team.

Schedule is also favorable to achieving a solid record, but SOS won't be.

I am very optimistic based on the talent we have accumulated and a schedule that contains zero Power 4 opponents in the OOC and no FSU, Clemson, Ville or NC. With that being said, we don’t know how Fran will be in terms of game prep and Gameday and unless we bring in a solid QB2 via the portal, McCord getting hurt could be a crippling blow to the season. I fully expect us to come out and bludgeon Ohio, who is usually a tough out but they appear to be picked to go 6-6ish by MAC experts. After that, let’s see how we fare against much better competition in Ga Tech.
Georgia Tech is a much improved team, they will be the toughest one on our early schedule.

Yes, absolutely yes.

QB -- check.
RB -- check, and bolstered with Willis.
WR -- check, he brought in multiple transfers who are starting caliber
TE -- loaded with OG / Villari
OL -- we needed an upgrade, and Brown recruited four transfers to bolster a solid nucleus -- massive upgrade from last year
DL -- Brown brought in multiple DTs in the 300 pound range, as well as starting caliber DE
LB -- solid group
DB -- several transfers bolster a couple of key incumbents

No positional units are weak. Doesn't mean we have no weaknesses / gaps, but this is absolutely shaping up to be a top 25 caliber team.

Schedule is also favorable to achieving a solid record, but SOS won't be.
I agree we are solid (not bottom 25% of the ACC) in the units as listed, with several upgrades in the lines. We are deeper.

Do we have a fair share of potential all-ACC players (1st, 2nd, 3rd team)? Future NFL candidates? We certainly have some.

More than other recent SU teams. It is another way to measure the team against ACC opponents.

We are a top 25 team but don’t expect us to get any love until late September
I expect nothing to start, or maybe near the bottom of Others Receiving Votes. Slight increase if we (especially McCord) impress in an opening blowout. Follow it up with two more wins and we'll be near the top of the Others group. Will crack rankings once teams in the #15-25 range start losing, provided we don't.

Folks it comes to the three C's: Cool, calm and collected. All comes from another C, confidence and that gets ingrained by knowing your role your job and that others have your back by knowing theirs. They have a damn good role model in Coach Fran who exhibits the progression I just laid out to a t. Rankings? just somebody's opinion. Just win.

Are we top 25 material...meaning is the potential there...? I believe so.
Are we a top 25 TEAM now?? Nope. Gotta throttle Gtech and Stanford to break into the top 25.

ACC Championship worthy? CFB playoffs qorthy? I am pumped for the season and am amazed at what Coach Brown and his crew have accomplished so far.
Yes

Vegas knows.

Vegas also had Michigan at plus money for 9.5 wins (won 15), Washington at 7.5 (won 14), FSU 10 (won 13), Oregon 9.5 (won 12), etc etc etc

Vegas is in it to make money. They wanna be right more than not, but vegas doesn't specifically know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom