Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

So is he 6' 3" 215 can shoot from 30' on the dribble, pass like Magic and can drive to the hoop over any 7 footer?

So is he 6' 3" 215 can shoot from 30' on the dribble, pass like Magic and can drive to the hoop over any 7 footer?
He has a lot of talent, but is young and kind of wild. Still learning the game. Assuming he verbals here, there are going to be many comparisons to Dion, in part because of the early verbal thing, and in part because both were physically mature really early.

I will say that, based on a small sample size, I think Isaiah might be further ahead with the mental part of the game that Dion was at the same age.

I hope he stays at St Benedict's his whole HS career. That looks like a great place for him...they stress academics, play a very tough schedule and have a lot of talent on hand to push him.

Let's not forget a near 6'9 wingspan at the top of the zone jaydamn.png

Francis, he seems to be listed everywhere as a SG, but he sure seems like a lead guard. Is it just a matter of him playing alongside Tyler Ennis in high school? When Ennis is at SU, will Briscoe take over the point?

S***t just released updated rankings - he's now a 4* and ranked 25th in his class.
This is an outrage. If Ennis (who is great, I love him) was #20 in '13 and Briscoe is 25 in '15, then the 15 class must be able take on the dream team. Point being, Briscoe may be better than Ennis right now.

This is an outrage. If Ennis (who is great, I love him) was #20 in '13 and Briscoe is 25 in '15, then the 15 class must be able take on the dream team. Point being, Briscoe may be better than Ennis right now.

They have Thomas Bryant at 3 or 4 for whatever that's worth. I've been surprised too Briscoe wasn't higher by both Scout and ESPN. He's played well against older players consistently this summer. Regardless of ranking tho I'm real excited at the thought of him wearing orange in a few years.

They have Thomas Bryant at 3 or 4 for whatever that's worth. I've been surprised too Briscoe wasn't higher by both Scout and ESPN. He's played well against older players consistently this summer. Regardless of ranking tho I'm real excited at the thought of him wearing orange in a few years.
Who cares what he is ranked, If JB and Hop identify a kid who is a freshman or a sophmore and offer him a scholarship then the bottom line is the kid is freaking good.

No doubt. Kid is great. Let the pundits make their lists whil Jb and Mikey stock pile the talent. Gotta love how well recruiting is going.

Francis, he seems to be listed everywhere as a SG, but he sure seems like a lead guard. Is it just a matter of him playing alongside Tyler Ennis in high school? When Ennis is at SU, will Briscoe take over the point?
He's a true combo like Dion. He doesn't really play the lead spot full-time in hs and aau. Briscoe and Ennis took turns bringing the ball up in the games I watched but it was mainly Ennis handling the rock once it became crunchtime. When they end up at SU, I think it'll be similar to what we saw with Dion/Scoop. Ennis being the main handler but Briscoe being the closer.

He's a true combo like Dion. He doesn't really play the lead spot full-time in hs and aau. Briscoe and Ennis took turns bringing the ball up in the games I watched but it was mainly Ennis handling the rock once it became crunchtime. When they end up at SU, I think it'll be similar to what we saw with Dion/Scoop. Ennis being the main handler but Briscoe being the closer.
Sounds good. Hopefully he grows a couple of inches and works on his jumpshot.

Does this mean that you are verifying 2 things; Briscoe will commit to SU very shortly and that Ennis will still be here when he gets to SU.

Hopefully Selden will play that role for Ennis first 2 years and Briscoe his last 2.

Hopefully Selden will play that role for Ennis first 2 years and Briscoe his last 2.
Get him to commit already I'm sick of this waiting game.

It's the wait that makes it so rewarding!
Wait, what? No it isn't, it is all the wins and championships and envy of all the college basketball, isn't it?

Wait, what? No it isn't, it is all the wins and championships and envy of all the college basketball, isn't it?
Its both the former is for yourself the latter is to talk to all your friends and to all the haters!

Its both the former is for yourself the latter is to talk to all your friends and to all the haters!
Good point, I agree. Especially the bandwagon fans of Kentucky or Duke or whatever the flavor of the day is.

I know im only kidding. I just know this 13 class is going to be special.
At one point I thought that the 2014 class was going to be the real prize, but as things are shaping up, 2013, 2014 and 2015 all look like they will be unbelievable. I don't think SU has ever strung together recruiting classes as good as the ones we are hoping and likely to get over the next three years. It seemed like in the eighties we would have one monster class followed by a good class or two and then another monster class. Now, it seems that every year is a great class.

At one point I thought that the 2014 class was going to be the real prize, but as things are shaping up, 2013, 2014 and 2015 all look like they will be unbelievable. I don't think SU has ever strung together recruiting classes as good as the ones we are hoping and likely to get over the next three years. It seemed like in the eighties we would have one monster class followed by a good class or two and then another monster class. Now, it seems that every year is a great class.
Its a great time to be a fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom