Isaiah Johnson question | Syracusefan.com

Isaiah Johnson question

PhatOrange

Living Legend
a scowt teaser seems to imply he recently camped with Syracuse?

“camper turned commitment in a week”

Anyone know if he was at the downstate Syracuse camp held at Wagner?

Think I read it was the NYC camp... So I assume you are correct

Pretty sure it was at the Buffalo camp.

Think I read it was the NYC camp... So I assume you are correct

Good to know. Very positive about recruits who've been offered coming out of our staff’s football camps. Any kid who’s been offered right on the heels of being scouted by this staff is probably a pretty good football player or someone with obvious measurables and big upside.

Good to know. Very positive about recruits who've been offered coming out of our staff’s football camps. Any kid who’s been offered right on the heels of being scouted by this staff is probably a pretty good football player or someone with obvious measurables and big upside.

Another thing that I like is that both of our DT commits this year [Williams, as well] are enormous, but still athletic. With DTs being at such a premium in college football recruiting, I think this is a worthwhile gamble. Get this kid in a S&C program for two years, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him develop into a very good player.

a scowt teaser seems to imply he recently camped with Syracuse?

“camper turned commitment in a week”

Anyone know if he was at the downstate Syracuse camp held at Wagner?

From Nolans' article.

"Johnson also had offers from Wake Forest, Massachusetts, Hawaii and Temple. Thomas said that list would have kept growing had the rising senior continued to attend football camps. Johnson attended a one-day football camp for rising seniors last Friday in New York City."

I just watched some of Johnson's video on the TOS and was very impressed with his combination of strength and athleticism while being so new to the game. Obviously I knew he was pretty nimble being a basketball player but he definitely moves very well as to be expected but also seems to be pretty tough/strong which isn't to be expected from a fairly new football player. He actually plays DE on his high school team, but I can see seem him packing on more weight/strength and hopefully playing DT if that's where we are projecting him at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom