It’s Macky Time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Macky Time

Kind of surprised his coaching career ended so quickly. Always thought he was one of the smartest football players we have had. Just goes to show most of us have no idea what we are talking about whatsoever
Coaching can be brutal.These Position coaches at small schools aren’t exactly breaking the bank with their paychecks.

laughing-laugh.gif

Macky as HC.

He could be an assistant maybe.

Would be the most insane hire in Syracuse Athletics' history.

Coaching can be brutal.These Position coaches at small schools aren’t exactly breaking the bank with their paychecks.

Agreed but he appeared to be on the right trajectory as the kent st RB coach, although you think he could be an O line coach. I am sure Macky will be fine whatever career path he winds up going down

You guys are all missing the boat. Randy Edsall is available. What say we help a Cuse alum out. Insert vomit emoji here! (I thought the board needed a good laugh).
And an order of antipsychotics for you. ;)

Didn't someone suggest Tom Coughlin last time around. He would be a great hire but I don't think that is the direction the program should go. Someone else suggested Matt Patricia. Not a good start as head coach and would he be any better in college. Cuse needs to hire a proven HC, probably in his 40's, who can right the ship from day one.
Good luck finding someone like that who wants to come to SU.

No what we need is Roy Kent

Dino is 90% Ted Lasso already.

I think you're both wrong. Nathan is the brains and Coach Beard is the glue. Go get them both.

Might not be a bad idea.

Macky has no experience but having an SU guy who will stay long term would be ideal. Kinda like FSU will do with Deion. We can pay $2M to a figure head HC who is a representative and face of the program, and a cheerleader of sorts. Then with the $1.5M saved from a cheap HC salary we can pay for a good OC, a good DC, and a good STC. You keep HC continuity and recruiting connections long term, and replace OCs every so often instead of HCs.

Macky isn't the guy for this but it could work with someone else. It might give us a better chance long term. If you hire the next best thing as HC, they will be gone in a few years. Then you are left trying to find another HC, which is a crap shoot.

I wouldn't mind Don McPherson, who is a great representative of SU. Or Rob Moore, who is in coaching at least. This is assuming Dino fails and we cannot get Marrone.

Oh what the hell, I'm also throwing my hat in the ring.

I'm a man, I'm 40!

Hey let's get really radical...SU can hire the first female HC in P5 football history. ;)

Last edited:
just cuz your last name happens to be redenbacher don't mean you know how to pop corn.