It’s not a coincidence | Syracusefan.com

It’s not a coincidence

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
That Villanova is this dominant, we are mediocre, and UConn/Pitt/Georgetown all stink. They’ve taken over the Northeast. We can forget about ever recruiting Philly again.

There’s enough talent in the northeast for us to both be really good.

Us, UConn, Pitt, Georgetown and Nova were all good at the same time not too long ago.

Not sure about that re: our scheme. Really worried, frankly.

That Villanova is this dominant, we are mediocre, and UConn/Pitt/Georgetown all stink. They’ve taken over the Northeast. We can forget about ever recruiting Philly again.
Ever? That is a long time. Most of the guys they have got, no big school wanted. Their recruiting has been sub par. But, a ridiculous number of their guys have panned out. good coaching, sure. But also a degree of luck. Not that long ago, Nova fans were very upset with jay. He wasn't winning in the tournament. Everyone forgets that now.

Ever? That is a long time. Most of the guys they have got, no big school wanted. Their recruiting has been sub par. But, a ridiculous number of their guys have panned out. good coaching, sure. But also a degree of luck. Not that long ago, Nova fans were very upset with jay. He wasn't winning in the tournament. Everyone forgets that now.

Spellman and Brunson were both 5 star guys. Divencenzo was a 4 star guy we recruited.

Booth and Bridges were 4 star guys, as was Cosby-Roundtree. They also bring in 3 top 50 players this year. Two of whom we offered. That will be 4 guys on their roster we offered scholarships to and you think nobody wanted them???

Spellman and Brunson were both 5 star guys. Divencenzo was a 4 star guy we recruited.

Booth and Bridges were 4 star guys, as was Cosby-Roundtree. They also bring in 3 top 50 players this year. Two of whom we offered. That will be 4 guys on their roster we offered scholarships to and you think they aren’t nobody wanted them???
looking backward, their recruiting classes weren't very good. I'm not talking about next years class. 4 star recruits don't really move the dial at this level. look, those guys all turned out to be players. I said that. I wish we had them. But they have way over performed based on where they were in high school.

Not too long ago, Nova Nation wanted Jay Wright's head on a platter because he was an underachiever with the talent he brought in. Good thing the administration didn't listen to fans or they'd be DePaul.

looking backward, their recruiting classes weren't very good. I'm not talking about next years class.

I kind of disagree. You want to talk about their title team sure, but it’s been trending up and now look. We don’t have a guy on our team who can shoot, pass or dribble as good as Brunson, Divencenzo, Spellman, or Booth.

I kind of disagree. You want to talk about their title team sure, but it’s been trending up and now look. We don’t have a guy on our team who can shoot, pass or dribble as good as Brunson, Divencenzo, Spellman, or Booth.
I agree with you there. I said, I would take any of those guys. I do want to see if Quinnerly ever plays with them.

looking backward, their recruiting classes weren't very good. I'm not talking about next years class. 4 star recruits don't really move the dial at this level. look, those guys all turned out to be players. I said that. I wish we had them. But they have way over performed based on where they were in high school.

Not trying to be combative but one must look at Michigan re: 4* or low end 4* guys. Getting it done.

Not trying to be combative but one must look at Michigan re: 4* or low end 4* guys. Getting it done.
I will take all of those guys too. Why can't we get a phone call about a German kid who is 6-10 and can really play.

Nova made the final four in 2009. They did not return to the sweet 16 until 2016. So yes nova nation was fed up with Jay during that span

I will take all of those guys too. Why can't we get a phone call about a German kid who is 6-10 and can really play.

We may have hit our lifetime quota in Rony Seikaly - not that he was German.

phases & stages, circles & cycles

they are on an epic roll right now . . . but it wasn't that long ago nova & wright had 3 consecutive double digit loss seasons including a 13-19 year. from 2010 to 2015 he never made it to the second weekend

Something doesn't smell right with Nova getting all these kids. I know he's pious Jay, and they all stay and it is fundamentals...I'm a skeptic by nature and this seems off to me.

Something doesn't smell right with Nova getting all these kids. I know he's pious Jay, and they all stay and it is fundamentals...I'm a skeptic by nature and this seems off to me.

It’s called running an attractive offensive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom