It’s Portal time! | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

I mean unless this is musical chairs and they took a chair away everyone should theoretically have a place to go. The number of portal entrants should equal the number of spots In total no?
Sure, but you might be leaving a starting job on a good team and end up 3,000 miles from home on a terrible team that doesn’t fit your game. Grass ain’t always greener

Come to the ACC and jack inefficient shots against the zone, please.

IDK maybe he's regressed but I haven't forgotten this performance...

If Gonzaga and Kentucky are interested...he can't be that bad...

Question:

Does the 1400 include those who have found a new home? In other words, when a player signs on at a new school, does the number of those in the portal decrease by one?

It must include those who have found a new school. I haven't seen the numbers go down at all. It also includes walk-ons. 1400 is about 30% of all D 1 scholarship players.

Has the transfer portal number surpassed the net returning player number at this point?

I think the key to us getting another guard, especially a PG, from the portal is he has to be a clear cut starter over Joe. If it is questionable, he probably doesn’t come here. And, if he is good enough, Joe would probably understand the move and take a backup role. I am sure he wouldn’t be crazy about it, but if a dude is just better, then it is what’s best for the team.

I think if Joe knew for sure he was going to be the backup he would hit the portal in a heartbeat.Gotta believe he knows he is starting unless he is injured.
Just my personal belief.

I think if Joe knew for sure he was going to be the backup he would hit the portal in a heartbeat.Gotta believe he knows he is starting unless he is injured.
Just my personal belief.
I strongly disagree. JG3 accepted his schollie as the 4th guard (Carey/Buddy/Goodine). And I believe when he accepted, Dior was already scheduled to come here. SU had been JG3's dream school and he came here as a backup over going to a lesser place as the unquestioned starter.

To me, it's insulting to JG3's character to say he would pack up and leave because his personal minutes decreased even though it was beneficial to the team as a whole.

You can call it your personal belief, but you chose to post this unsubstantiated garbage.

I strongly disagree. JG3 accepted his schollie as the 4th guard (Carey/Buddy/Goodine). And I believe when he accepted, Dior was already scheduled to come here. SU had been JG3's dream school and he came here as a backup over going to a lesser place as the unquestioned starter.

To me, it's insulting to JG3's character to say he would pack up and leave because his personal minutes decreased even though it was beneficial to the team as a whole.

You can call it your personal belief, but you chose to post this unsubstantiated garbage.
Joe was already starting here by the time Dior committed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom