It all goes back to ennis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It all goes back to ennis

I would like to see the NBA have a recruitment policy of only drafting Juniors and Seniors just like the NFL. It would be great if CBB fans got at least 2 years out of the top talent! It would make the game a lot more interesting and profitable too!
Adopt the baseball method. Go right out of high school if you're good enough. If not, you have to wait until after your Junior year or age 21. NBA players union won't go for it though...

Adopt the baseball method. Go right out of high school if you're good enough. If not, you have to wait until after your Junior year or age 21. NBA players union won't go for it though...

Actually they just might because it should open up roster spots for more vets as more young guys end up in the D League.

well we shouldda had pg. stephon marbury. little dickhead told everybody he was cuse bound but last minute goes gtech.
so instead we promote laz sims to pg. and play in the title game. strange things happen indeed. screw you marbury.

Either one is fine. I just hate the way it's done now. ESPN concentrates too much on future NBA players more than CBB as a sport. They would rather spend time building future player name brand recognition than covering CBB as a team sport.

The problem is that leaves kids like Ennis screwed. I think two years is a good compromise

The problem is that leaves kids like Ennis screwed. I think two years is a good compromise

Plus, doesn't an age limit violate Haywood v. NBA?

I'm sure when we recruited kaleb JB was thinking he'd learn under ennis for a couple years then take over the reigns in 2015 or 2016. I'm sure JB thought he'd have ennis for at least 2 years and more likely 3 or even 4. Ennis being 1 and done was a shocker to everyone and we didn't have a backup plan other then throwing a frosh into the fire who ain't close to ready.

Tough to win in college when you got no pg, and unfortunately that's where we're at. You can point to the other weaknesses of the team but to me it's all about the pg
I think JB knew it was possible he didn't have Ennis for long. Ennis and co were looking to cash in from the start. Ennis sacraficed a lot, moved from Canada to NJ during HS. Ennis pretty much waited until MCW was a lock for the draft before commit. I certainly figured first chance Ennis got, he be gone. He had been positioned for the paycheck for a long time.

JB tried to get Rysheed Jordan in the same class even after Ennis committed. JB knew Ennis was a flight risk. But it was a tough sell to Rysheed with no guarantees. JB was trying to put MG as a backup, but had moved him over to SF with the delay in Robersons development. IMO that was a mistake, MG should have been a key part of this backcourt and KJ2 should be yanked at the first mistake.

I think if we lose tomorrow serious changes will be made. Move MG back into the backcourt and ride Roberson/BJ at SF.