It Makes Me Laugh... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It Makes Me Laugh...

The whole idea of 4 x 16 is ridiculous because there is only one place for the PAC12 to get any teams. Hint it is not the ACC.

Holy Crap... I just read between the lines. Rutgers is going to the PAC 10! I have to tweet this now... right now. :)

The whole idea of 4 x 16 is ridiculous because there is only one place for the PAC12 to get any teams. Hint it is not the ACC.

Like I said, the two Oklahoma schools and the two Kansas schools. Done.

Once the poaching of the B12 starts it kills it. Which leaves the ACC as one of the 4.

Right. In my scenario, the ten remaining ACC schools merge with the six remaining Big 12 schools.

Right. In my scenario, the ten remaining ACC schools merge with the six remaining Big 12 schools.

FSU and even possibly Clemson might leave but the rest aren't going anywhere.

FSU and even possibly Clemson might leave but the rest aren't going anywhere.

Based on what? If there's an agreement between the five conferences to consolidate into four, then just about anything is possible.

Does anyone else see this as opening the door to additional realignment? You now have the Big 10/Pac-12 champs in the Rose Bowl and the SEC/Big 12 champs in the Sugar Bowl. There's your four-team playoff. With five unbalanced conferences, the deck must be reshuffled...

Notre Dame will be left out of this year's championship game and I think that will seal the deal for the football program to finally join a conference. But it won't be the ACC. They'll join the Big 10, along with Rutgers, Maryland and North Carolina. That's 16 teams.

Florida State and Clemson (or NC State) join the SEC, putting the conference at 16 teams.

The Pac-12 fills it's four available slots with the two Oklahoma schools and the two Kansas schools.

That leaves six teams in the Big 12 and 10 schools in the ACC. They join forces and there you have it.

There won't be a need for buyouts because the five conferences will work this out together. In addition, they can expand the playoff to eight teams very easily. Some potential scenarios:

1. Conference champions plus four wild cards.
2. Conference champions plus an additional team from each conference.
3. Conference championship games become the de facto first round of the tournament.

So am I still on crack?

So am I still on crack?

snotty giirl.gif

I keed, I keed...;)

So our future home looks like this ?

Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU

West Virginia
BC
SU
Pitt

UVA
VTech
Duke
Wake Forest

Miami
Georgia Tech
NC State
Iowa State

Lots of frequent flyer miles

So our future home looks like this ?

Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU

West Virginia
BC
SU
Pitt

UVA
VTech
Duke
Wake Forest

Miami
Georgia Tech
NC State
Iowa State

Lots of frequent flyer miles

Unless the ACC connects on a Hail Mary and bags ND, Texas and PSU by Friday.

BTW, I'm amending the new SEC teams to VPI and NC State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom