It may be Time | Syracusefan.com

It may be Time

AngryOtto

All Conference
Let me start by saying I have always been a Dino supporter but it may be time to evaluate.
The losing sucks but that is not my issue. It’s an unusual season. What bothers me is Dino’s unwillingness to modify the offense to fit his current players.
He did have drives where they got the ball out and tried to move the ball towards the side but then tried deep shots or runs up the middle which is not a strength right now.
If he refuses to modify the offense then play the freshman qbs and wide receivers. Dino says their not ready but were all the other freshman ready. We have a number of freshman forced into action on D.
It’s time to move forward and give them an opportunity. If Dino is unwilling to either change up the offense or play the freshman then it may be time to evaluate his time as coach.

He isn't going anywhere but you will have an empty Dome next year (assuming fans can go to games) and SU is at the bottom of football relevance out of all of the Power 5 Schools. That won't change until he is gone at this point I hate to say.

-He can't recruit a QB
-He can't and isn't turning this around
-This notion that next year is "make or break" and he needs to have 6 or 7 wins...folks he isn't getting 6 or 7 wins next year. This roster is a mess.

I understand the financial aspect of this so he is here, we all accept that. I get it. But the reality is SU football is dead as long as he is the captain of the ship. This is going to be a 1 win season and that is a hole so deep he won't be able to climb out of. It's not a matter of IF he gets fired, it's when (and we know it won't be this year.) The question now is do you pull the plug after 2021 or after 2022. The longer he drives this program into the ground the harder it will be for the next guy to turn it around. And the less of an attractive job it becomes for the group of candidates you will be interviewing in a year or two.

He isn't going anywhere but you will have an empty Dome next year (assuming fans can go to games) and SU is at the bottom of football relevance out of all of the Power 5 Schools. That won't change until he is gone at this point I hate to say.

-He can't recruit a QB
-He can't and isn't turning this around
-This notion that next year is "make or break" and he needs to have 6 or 7 wins...folks he isn't getting 6 or 7 wins next year. This roster is a mess.

I understand the financial aspect of this so he is here, we all accept that. I get it. But the reality is SU football is dead as long as he is the captain of the ship. This is going to be a 1 win season and that is a hole so deep he won't be able to climb out of. It's not a matter of IF he gets fired, it's when (and we know it won't be this year.) The question now is do you pull the plug after 2021 or after 2022. The longer he drives this program into the ground the harder it will be for the next guy to turn it around. And the less of an attractive job it becomes for the group of candidates you will be interviewing in a year or two.

How do you know he can't get 6 or 7 wins next year? He hasn't even been able to coach a game with a healthy roster in one game this year

Let me start by saying I have always been a Dino supporter but it may be time to evaluate.
The losing sucks but that is not my issue. It’s an unusual season. What bothers me is Dino’s unwillingness to modify the offense to fit his current players.
He did have drives where they got the ball out and tried to move the ball towards the side but then tried deep shots or runs up the middle which is not a strength right now.
If he refuses to modify the offense then play the freshman qbs and wide receivers. Dino says their not ready but were all the other freshman ready. We have a number of freshman forced into action on D.
It’s time to move forward and give them an opportunity. If Dino is unwilling to either change up the offense or play the freshman then it may be time to evaluate his time as coach.
Unwilling to modify the offense. Isn’t he a tempo guy? We’ve huddled up most of the season.

We could have Bill Walsh calling plays from heaven, but there is only so much one can do with a buncha 18 and 19 year-olds playing teams predominantly 20-23.

How do you know he can't get 6 or 7 wins next year? He hasn't even been able to coach a game with a healthy roster in one game this year
Was the roster depleted in College Park last year? I actually thought Maryland was a good team for a second after that fiasco, but they have continued to prove otherwise ever since...

Was the roster depleted in College Park last year? I actually thought Maryland was a good team for a second after that fiasco, but they have continued to prove otherwise ever since...

2019 was not a good coaching job I'll admit. 2018 was a good coaching job.

Just my opinion based on his entire time here at Syracuse. Hope I'm wrong

He’s not going anywhere for at least one more year And that will still cost the university a ton of money
Regardless of how many times people post about it
Yeah the AD and buyout discussions have already taken place on this board, not clear on why Dino being let go in a new thread does anything? My 2 cents is even if Dino was inclined to play the freshman QBs next week he sure as hell is not going to trumpet it in the post game news conference. I think we would all like to see more of the young guys. If Dino has a close relationship with his staff my guess would be playing the young guys has already been brought up. All of us are not bringing up some new ideas that have not already been brought up by his coaches. My guess would be it will happen soon.

2018 was great.

IMO he did a good job in 2017 too. The wheels fell off the last 3 games because half the team was hurt and we didn’t have the depth.

4-5 start but close road losses to Miami, FSU, and LSU and a win over Clemson included. That was a brutal schedule.

BuT iRoN sHaRpEnS iRoN

We should probably just be happy if the college continues to exist and play sports, the way things are going right now.

Every fan of Syracuse football should be eternally grateful and thank the lucky stars above, or whatever one believes in that the ACC saved SU’s existence. Otherwise, we indeed would be extinct on that front.

He’s not going anywhere for at least one more year And that will still cost the university a ton of money
Regardless of how many times people post about it

Has the new contact ever been made public?

It’s time yes it’s time ! Time for all you dopes to smarten up !! In January ED Oregon how ever u spell his name ( I like the guy ) was a great coach won a chip ! Now they suck
Did he forget how to coach ? No he lost his roster . It’s a about talent and staying healthy
This team and any middle of the pack team can’t overcome this amount of injuries.
Judge the guy with a reasonable amount of injuries. Your complaints are due to coz and effect. The injuries handicap us .

My complaints are not because of the loses. It’s Dino’s stubbornness not to call plays that go to Rex strengths or give the freshman an opportunity in a lost season. It sucks knowing we probably won’t win another game this season but at least we can develop the young qbs and wr for the future.

2018 was great.

IMO he did a good job in 2017 too. The wheels fell off the last 3 games because half the team was hurt and we didn’t have the depth.

4-5 start but close road losses to Miami, FSU, and LSU and a win over Clemson included. That was a brutal schedule.
2018 was our best season in 20 years.
2017 would've been a bowl season but the school decided years before it was cool to schedule LSU
Crazy thing is we were a Sean Riley dropped td away from that being a completely different game.

That team was clearly better than it’s record.

It’s time yes it’s time ! Time for all you dopes to smarten up !! In January ED Oregon how ever u spell his name ( I like the guy ) was a great coach won a chip ! Now they suck
Did he forget how to coach ? No he lost his roster . It’s a about talent and staying healthy
This team and any middle of the pack team can’t overcome this amount of injuries.
Judge the guy with a reasonable amount of injuries. Your complaints are due to coz and effect. The injuries handicap us .

The LSU/Ogeron comparison is a good reminder of how it can turn on a dime.

Problem being, football is a game of attrition.

He isn’t recruiting well enough (or developing well enough) to even put an average starting offense out there, let alone withstand injuries that will occur over the course of a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom