It really is difficult | Syracusefan.com

It really is difficult

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
to watch sometimes when we keep losing. Wins is what matters when it comes down to it, playing close games gets you no where besides a big let down of a game you could of won. This team is offensively fatally flawed and its too bad because we need some one to go off scoring wise to beat the top teams. We have no NBA talent on this team this year and that’s what you need to win in the ACC. We have a team of players who shouldn’t even think of entering their names in the draft but rather get better during the off-season and improve their games and be a great team next year. We can’t expect Battle to carry us this year thats not him yet, maybe next year. We have had major scoring problems the last couple years and i don’t even know why they don’t ever recruit more shooters.

Who says they didn't recruit shooters? Huerter is among the players they offered. Everyone doesn't choose SU at the end of the day. You can only get guys who want to come here.

Who says they didn't recruit shooters? Huerter is among the players they offered. Everyone doesn't choose SU at the end of the day. You can only get guys who want to come here.
Jb said there were no scholarships for him. Theres no way we cant get enough shooters because they are focusing on them. They focus more so on pg’s and the prototypical Syracuse forwards that fit the zone.

We have no NBA talent on this team this year and that’s what you need to win in the ACC
I agree with the premise of your overall post, but not with this statement.
First, I believe we do have at least one player who will be drafted (maybe two, eventually). Second, take a look at Clemson, for example - no NBA players on that team - but a veteran team of solid players who will (in my view) finish in the top 5 of the league this year.

to watch sometimes when we keep losing. Wins is what matters when it comes down to it, playing close games gets you no where besides a big let down of a game you could of won. This team is offensively fatally flawed and its too bad because we need some one to go off scoring wise to beat the top teams. We have no NBA talent on this team this year and that’s what you need to win in the ACC. We have a team of players who shouldn’t even think of entering their names in the draft but rather get better during the off-season and improve their games and be a great team next year. We can’t expect Battle to carry us this year thats not him yet, maybe next year. We have had major scoring problems the last couple years and i don’t even know why they don’t ever recruit more shooters.

This team plays so hard and it's the easiest to root for in some time.

This team is so offensively limited and the style of play makes them unbearable to watch for long periods.

That's my issue at least.

We have had major scoring problems the last couple years and i don’t even know why they don’t ever recruit more shooters.

Syracuse recruited Alex O’Connell, Jordan Tucker, Quade Green, Brandon Randolph, and Lonnie Walker in the 2017 class. Those are all shooters. Who else in the 2017 class should we have recruited?

Syracuse recruited Alex O’Connell, Jordan Tucker, Quade Green, Brandon Randolph, and Lonnie Walker in the 2017 class. Those are all shooters. Who else in the 2017 class should we have recruited?
They go all in in one guy and get F’d over.

They go all in in one guy and get ’d over.

That’s not all in on anyone, expect for Quade Green. The recruited every one of those shooters. It’s a myth that Syracuse doesn’t recruit shooters or skilled players. They recruit a lot of the same players Duke, Kentucky and Kansas recruit. We’ve got Buddy and Jalen coming in next year. Both shooters.

Last edited:
Jb said there were no scholarships for him. Theres no way we cant get enough shooters because they are focusing on them. They focus more so on pg’s and the prototypical Syracuse forwards that fit the zone.

They recruited Heurter for THIS year. IIRC Heurter didnt want to go to prep school for a season.

That’s not all in on anyone, expect for Quade Green. The recruited every one of those shooters. It’s a myth that Syracuse doesn’t recruit shooters or skilled players. They recruit a lot of the same players Duke, Kentucky and Kansas recruit. We’ve got Buddy and Jalen coming in next year. Both shooters.
Buddy is a shooter and the coaches son he didn’t really have to be recruited much. Jalens a scorer more so than a shooter.

Buddy is a shooter and the coaches son he didn’t really have to be recruited much. Jalens a scorer more so than a shooter.

Ok, but Buddy is a shooter, right? Who cares is he didn’t have to be recruited? Jalen Carey is a VERY good shooter.

Again, let me know who Syracuse should have recruited that they didn’t. O’Connell, Green, Tucker, Randolph, Heurter and Walker were all good shooters we “recruited” for this class.

Ok, but Buddy is a shooter, right? Who cares is he didn’t have to be recruited? Jalen Carey is a VERY good shooter.

Again, let me know who Syracuse should have recruited that they didn’t. O’Connell, Green, Tucker, Randolph, Heurter and Walker were all good shooters we “recruited” for this class.
Showing some interest and putting all your eggs in one basket is what Syracuse has being doing with potential recruits for a while now is more like it.

First, I believe we do have at least one player who will be drafted (maybe two, eventually). Second, take a look at Clemson, for example - no NBA players on that team - but a veteran team of solid players who will (in my view) finish in the top 5 of the league this year.
I said this year, next year someone could possibly get drafted. Battle isn’t NBA player this year imo. I think he can be a very good college player. I don’t think he will ever be in my honest opinion. You have your opinions I have mine.

You are letting your frustration get to you. We recruited shooters. It was tough to do with only 2 coaches on the road while our rivals had 4. Plus, we are limited in ships to give out. things will start getting better after this season. We have 4 coaches back on the road. We don't have any coaches coaching exhibition games over the summer. We are only 1 ship shy of normal and this is the last year of that. I am concerned that jb is not on the road targeting great players for the 19 class.

Showing some interest and putting all your eggs in one basket is what Syracuse has being doing with potential recruits for a while now is more like it.

Define “putting all your eggs in one basket”. Are you saying Syracuse didn’t actually recruit Alex O’Connell? Did they not recruit Lonnie Walker? Brandon Randolph? Did they not recruit Jordan Tucker?

Syracuse basketball offers Alex O'Connell, a 4-star shooting guard out of Georgia

Top 20 recruit Lonnie Walker narrows list to 5 schools, Syracuse basketball makes cut

Elite 2017 recruit Brandon Randolph schedules official visit with Syracuse basketball

Hoops recruiting: Jordan Tucker to officially visit SU this weekend

Prized 2017 point guard Quade Green to visit Syracuse this weekend

“The reason Syracuse didn't make the cut is the school's scholarship offer was for the 2017 year. The SU coaches, facing a reduction of three scholarships a year for the next four years, hoped that Huerter would consider spending a year at a prep school.”

Tell me who Syracuse should have recruited that they didnt. Cuz there’s 6 shooters we recruited for the 2017 class right there.

Last edited:
Define “putting all your eggs in one basket”. Are you saying Syracuse didn’t actually recruit Alex O’Connell? Did they not recruit Lonnie Walker? Brandon Randolph? Did they not recruit Jordan Tucker?

Syracuse basketball offers Alex O'Connell, a 4-star shooting guard out of Georgia

Top 20 recruit Lonnie Walker narrows list to 5 schools, Syracuse basketball makes cut

Elite 2017 recruit Brandon Randolph schedules official visit with Syracuse basketball

Hoops recruiting: Jordan Tucker to officially visit SU this weekend

Prized 2017 point guard Quade Green to visit Syracuse this weekend

“The reason Syracuse didn't make the cut is the school's scholarship offer was for the 2017 year. The SU coaches, facing a reduction of three scholarships a year for the next four years, hoped that Huerter would consider spending a year at a prep school.”

Tell me who Syracuse should have recruited that they didnt. Cuz there’s 6 shooters we recruited for the 2017 class right there.
0-6 ? Or not showing enough interest and love as it was said a bunch of times about Syracuse not showing enough interest. Even Francis mentioned it with some certain recruits I forgot which ones exactly, but the list of players is there.

0-6 ? Or not showing enough interest and love as it was said a bunch of times about Syracuse not showing enough interest. Even Francis mentioned it with some certain recruits I forgot which ones exactly, but the list of players is there.

You said we didn’t recruit shooters. Clearly, we did. We didn’t land any. But that’s not what you posted. Made Top 5 for all of them, right? We lost them to Arizona, Duke, Miami and Kentucky. Heurter didn’t want to wait.

Plus on a side note, from what I read this past week, Clemson has shot with the top recruit for 2018, Williamson.

So your argument changed to we didn’t recruit shooters “hard enough”? Lol

What else should we have done to land kids that wanted to play at Duke and Kentucky and Arizona?
I should of made it more clear in my head it was clear but not on “paper” . Send JB to recruit the recruits for one instead of the assistants like the other schools did.

I should of made it more clear in my head it was clear but not on “paper” . Send JB to recruit the recruits for one instead of the assistants like the other schools did.

I hear what you’re saying. Boeheim put on the full courty press for Tucker, and would have had him, had Duke not offered last minute. Trae Young goes to UK, and he likely gets Green too. Sometimes bad luck.

His father*.

Smart decision on their part. Kid was a top 50 player and is averaging 14 5 and 4 on 47% from 3 and 52% overall. He’s a more athletic Andy Rautins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom