It was 20 years ago today, Coach Boeheim taught the team to play. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It was 20 years ago today, Coach Boeheim taught the team to play.

Does anyone have a screen shot of what this board looked like aesthetically in 2003? I'm guessing it looked similar to Oregon Trail on an Apple IIE but we didn't realize it at the time.

I was a huge fan of that format at the time. Young MSOrange made some poor choices at times.
Credit to Tom Emery, who basically ignored the protests of almost everyone and made the change happen.

Within a month I think we all realized he was right. Just not a feasible format for a busy board like ours….

That was the thread view era. When we finally got rid of it, it was very controversial.

We weren’t so smart back then……
giphy.gif

When I look at that site I think of Rick's Maryland Mole. It's the thread that brought me to Syracusefan. That and War Damn Otto battle cries. Early internet finding new places to decamp and find like minded crazed fans was the best.

I spent an entire initiation weekend at Syracuse not "educating" pledges but using a dial-up modem to follow the 98 NFL Draft. I think I logged like 7 hours on a computer that day. I loved that internet

Ok, which of you fools is this?

I was there, watched the game at Faegans... But even in my drunken exuberance, once they started getting naked and trying to pull down trees, I knew it was time to go home.

That was the thread view era. When we finally got rid of it, it was very controversial.

We weren’t so smart back then……
I'm pretty sure I made a post or two complaining about the change.

I was too young then to be stuck in my ways. Smh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom