It will be tough for the big east to recruit going forward | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It will be tough for the big east to recruit going forward

I don't want to play UVA honestly they scare me with all the young talent they have. Never thought I would say that about them either.
In Groh's early days they had a ton of talent, some of it unfortunately from NYS.

In Groh's early days they had a ton of talent, some of it unfortunately from NYS.
That man could recruit he was the only reason Ahmad Brooks went to UVA when he was coing out of Hylton. There was some crazy stories about his recruitment his brother Perry told me about when we were at Concord. Bobby Bowden apparently had the whole team sign a get well card when he got injuried his senior year and flew like two kids that were going pro to come see him at the hospital.

Didn't see the presser but not sure how different Cuse's situation is...8 of the 11 other schools in the ACC are more than 500 miles away from Syracuse and the other 3 are at least 300 miles away. Yeah...we don't have schools in Idaho but once you get up to 500+ miles you are flying anyway

But most of our kids don't come from there...lots of GA and FL make for reasonable drives.

Where would you rather visit in Nov. and Dec. ? Boise, Idaho, Hartford, CT, and New Brunswick, NJ or Atalanta, GA, Miami, FL and NC ?

This is a no brainer.

That man could recruit he was the only reason Ahmad Brooks went to UVA when he was coing out of Hylton. There was some crazy stories about his recruitment his brother Perry told me about when we were at Concord. Bobby Bowden apparently had the whole team sign a get well card when he got injuried his senior year and flew like two kids that were going pro to come see him at the hospital.
See if your SU, how do you compete with that... Fighting a tough battle to beat these other schools out.

See if your SU, how do you compete with that... Fighting a tough battle to beat these other schools out.
I agree the thing is if we could just land one recruiter who was well known in the DMV area we would be set. If we could pull five kids out of those three states we would shoot up in the rankings. If what everyone on ESPN is saying (we need more speed) the DMV is a great place to find it. I wish we would just throw the check book at Chris Beatty that would solve this problem.

No. I believe this is going to be announced in a couple of days. This is really important to the future of the program and deserves more discussion.

Here is how the divisions, which are only used football, are set up:

ATLANTIC

Clemson
Florida State
Wake Forest
NC State
Boston College
Maryland

COASTAL

Virginia Tech
Georgia Tech
Virginia
North Carolina
Miami
Duke

I really want to be in the Atlantic, where we are guaranteed to play BC and Maryland each season, and would almost surely get Pitt as our cross over rival, so we would also play them each season. That should ensure we have two relatively easy road trips each season and will help feed rivalries with the ACC schools closest to u.

If we get the Coastal, we only play 1 of these schools each season, and we have to play VT each year. Not good.

Would be great if we could play BC, Pitt, VT and Miami every year. It'd be like a reunion.

I have to think they are going to place us with BC and Maryland for too many reasons to list. Cost, natural rivals, recruiting advantages for each school private vs state... Last and most important TV.

Yeah, I hope we get into the Atlantic as well but if they decide to divide us and pitt to make the divisions more balanced (like the way they selected Legends and Leaders in B1G), I'd have to assume they'd put Pitt in the Atlantic since their better football performance (in comparison to ours) in the last decade is much needed in that division. The Coastal is already stacked with Vtech, Gtech, up and comping UVA, and always talent laden UNC and Miami. Plus, I don't think the Coastal extends far north enough so I'd think they'd stick us there to match BC in the Atlantic - i.e. FSU has to go to BC and now Miami has to go north for SU.

I have no idea what Swofford will base his decision on (geography, balance, etc.) but I'm hoping we get Atlantic

Some how we have to play BC every year. One of the reasons we are brought in to the ACC was go give BC a Northeastern partner. The ACC could also use this as a rivalry between 'Cuse and BC for TV dollars as well. Who knows what happens in the end as Pitt looks like they want to form a rivalry with MD. Definitely something to follow and closely.

If we are recruiting GA hard then being in a division with GT would make some sense but the BC thing trumps this to the ACC I would think.

Some how we have to play BC every year. One of the reasons we are brought in to the ACC was go give BC a Northeastern partner. The ACC could also use this as a rivalry between 'Cuse and BC for TV dollars as well. Who knows what happens in the end as Pitt looks like they want to form a rivalry with MD. Definitely something to follow and closely.

If we are recruiting GA hard then being in a division with GT would make some sense but the BC thing trumps this to the ACC I would think.
The only thing that I am confident is a given regarding ACC scheduling is that we will play BC every year. Either by being placed in their division or being assigned as their cross division rival.

The only thing that I am confident is a given regarding ACC scheduling is that we will play BC every year. Either by being placed in their division or being assigned as their cross division rival.

If they go as planned and put Pitt and us in separate divisions with the same setup and Pitt becomes our cross rival which I would expect, then we need to be in the Atlantic to play BC every year. As a bonus we get MD as well. Time will tell though. I could see them putting Pitt in the Atlantic if they wanted to strengthen that side as Pitt is unfortunately perceived as stronger than us in football. Somehow I think the BC every year will win out and you have to believe that BC will pull hard for us to be in the Atlantic with them. Let's hope so anyway.

Where would you rather visit in Nov. and Dec. ? Boise, Idaho, Hartford, CT, and New Brunswick, NJ or Atalanta, GA, Miami, FL and NC ?

This is a no brainer.
I vote for Boise, Idaho. I was once at a meeting in the conference room of the Boise-Cascade Corp., surrounded by the view of the mountains. I had a hard time staying focused on business, it was so beautiful.

I vote for Boise, Idaho. I was once at a meeting in the conference room of the Boise-Cascade Corp., surrounded by the view of the mountains. I had a hard time staying focused on business, it was so beautiful.

I guess I'm an east coast boy Al, as I have no desire to travel to Boise even if it is that beautiful. Boise is a long haul from NYC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom