It will be tough to make a bowl game | Syracusefan.com

It will be tough to make a bowl game

kcsu

Living Legend
Lets discuss the rest of the year. First Tulane is a must win we all know that after Tulane we need two more to go bowling which is going to be very tough. LV and UConn are two winnables but they are both going to be tough so lets say we split. That leaves WVU South Florida Cincy and Pitt. Common sense says WVU and Pitt should be hard to upset leaving South Florida and Cincy. My bet is that we beat Tulane UConn and Cincy and finish 6-6.

Lets discuss the rest of the year. First Tulane is a must win we all know that after Tulane we need two more to go bowling which is going to be very tough. LV and UConn are two winnables but they are both going to be tough so lets say we split. That leaves WVU South Florida Cincy and Pitt. Common sense says WVU and Pitt should be hard to upset leaving South Florida and Cincy. My bet is that we beat Tulane UConn and Cincy and finish 6-6.

Tulane, Louisville, and UConn are bad teams. We really should beat all three. We will have a shot at beating USF and Cincy. Having to win 3 out of those 5 games is more than do able.

PTG's injury is going to hurt this team more than people think. Jerome Smith as a second option makes me nervous. I'm very nervous about the rest of the year. Maybe we move Goggins back to running back as our power back option.

I'm more optimistic. I mean we *should* have beaten RU handily yesterday. This wasn't a case of them blowing our doors off. It took a perfect storm of hideous playing and coaching for us to lose in double OT.

So I'm not ready to start writing off games yet. We need to go 3-4 from here on out, that's hardly not attainable.

Grasping a defeat from the jaw of victory yesterday didn't help our chances, but I didn't think we had a prayer last year on the road against WVa, SFla and Cincy. I'm not taking any W or L for granted.

Agreed lets hope we take Tulane out early give our key players some rest and take the off week to get well. I hope Doug realizes that at this point in the season we dont need to be killing each other in practice and gives the kids a chance to get better.

every game is 50/50 other then the wvu game which might be 70/30, however its impossible to make a predictation based on this conference. 7 regular season wins is def in grasp, we just need to figure out what type of offense we want to be. I for one needs to see the spread like we did vs usc and not play scared like we did vs rutgers. open it up and get dorian graham the ball more. He seems to be able to get away from coverage and usually has the 4th best db on him. I'm still having nightmares about jerome smith getting the ball on 3rd and 1. WHYYYYY DOUG WHYYYYYY

every game is 50/50 other then the wvu game which might be 70/30, however its impossible to make a predictation based on this conference. 7 regular season wins is def in grasp, we just need to figure out what type of offense we want to be. I for one needs to see the spread like we did vs usc and not play scared like we did vs rutgers. open it up and get dorian graham the ball more. He seems to be able to get away from coverage and usually has the 4th best db on him. I'm still having nightmares about jerome smith getting the ball on 3rd and 1. WHYYYYY DOUG WHYYYYYY
Every game is 50/50? No, Tulane is probably 99% a win. They lost to Army by 45 yesterday. They lost to Duke. This should be a game where we come out hungry and blow their doors off. UConn has struggled scoring all year, should also be better than 50/50. Louisville should also go our way.

okay im sorry the BE games smartass...all BE games are 50/50 no matter what..i'm as diehard as they come but the way weve been playimg uconn and lville are 50/50 type games and on raod.

UConn is tough to predict for obvious reasons. Very emotional contest. It's the game we need though now that the coaches botched Rutgers.