Italy Game #1 (SU 69-59) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Italy Game #1 (SU 69-59)

I’m actually very impressed with JG3’s handle, It’s tight, and he’s been able to get to open spaces. His turnovers are from a few questionable passes, nothing to be concerned with from a young guy. I am impressed with him and QG, even without shots falling.

Sid did major battle for a rebound. Fought and fought for it, and got it. He is looking great! So happy for him.

We are not hitting our 3’s That, to me, looks to be our biggest problem.

My feed from the ACCN is jumping from 4K to standard HD. Lame but the feed is free so I'll live with it.

Thought Buddy and Guerrier looked good that half, but Sidibe was the best player on the team. Noticeable difference when we went out.

Good news Sidibe, team will need him. Edwards sounds like he held his own but I hope the issues with catching the ball were just first team jitters, don't want another big man who struggles with that constantly. Interested to see how Washington looks, PG minutes still look wide open.

Terrible is an understatement, this is ugly

Shooting was expected to be the strength of this team because, as we know, they have no inside game.

Good news Sidibe, team will need him. Edwards sounds like he held his own but I hope the issues with catching the ball were just first team jitters, don't want another big man who struggles with that constantly. Interested to see how Washington looks, PG minutes still look wide open.

Washington was last man in and only played a couple mins. They may be being careful with him, I don’t know.

Which posts were "over the top?" That we were ice cold or turning it over left and right?
Were they not accurate, or just unwarranted because it's an 'early' game?

Sid did major battle for a rebound. Fought and fought for it, and got it. He is looking great! So happy for him.

We are not hitting our 3’s That, to me, looks to be our biggest problem.

Not sure you can really judge shooting on a trip to Italy in a rinky dink gym in August. But yeah, they are getting an open look at 3 EVERY time down and not hitting many of them. That extends to just about everybody across the board. Goodine and Girard especially though, aren't just going to miss open 3's forever. I'm not too worried about that.

Q looks to have a solid handle and solid shot. He likes to bang and get contact and none of that is being called in this game. He might be one of those guys who looks better against better opposition. Seems like the best freshman, just from an athleticism and skills perspective.

Girard looks pretty athletic with a good handle. Hasn't had a good game, but I'd say he looks like the second most promising frosh.

Edwards and Goodine look slow/ not overly athletic to me. They are both skilled, but may take time to develop.

Which posts were "over the top?" That we were ice cold or turning it over left and right?
Were they not accurate, or just unwarranted because it's an 'early' game?

There’s been nothing over the top. People are just posting exactly what they’re seeing on the stream.