Italy Game #1 (SU 69-59) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Italy Game #1 (SU 69-59)

Not sure you can really judge shooting on a trip to Italy in a rinky dink gym in August. But yeah, they are getting an open look at 3 EVERY time down and not hitting many of them. That extends to just about everybody across the board. Goodine and Girard especially though, aren't just going to miss open 3's forever. I'm not too worried about that.

Q looks to have a solid handle and solid shot. He likes to bang and get contact and none of that is being called in this game. He might be one of those guys who looks better against better opposition. Seems like the best freshman, just from an athleticism and skills perspective.

Girard looks pretty athletic with a good handle. Hasn't had a good game, but I'd say he looks like the second most promising frosh.

Edwards and Goodine look slow/ not overly athletic to me. They are both skilled, but may take time to develop.

Is Girard playing the 2? To bad we don't have Dolezaj, this would be a perfect game for him. A little concerned about the comments on Edwards and Goodine. Edwards I expect to be a bit of a project but Goodine looking slow and not overly athletic seems like a real bad sign.

Is Girard playing the 2? To bad we don't have Dolezaj, this would be a perfect game for him. A little concerned about the comments on Edwards and Goodine. Edwards I expect to be a bit of a project but Goodine looking slow and not overly athletic seems like a real bad sign.

I refuse to believe that take on goodine. Kid has hops.

Sid for 2. 43-32

Girard has played the 2 exclusively. But he's done a lot of ball handling for a 2.

As we speak ... man to man D!!! Don't get to used to it!

Quite frankly, team might be better without Carey (judging based on other summer games I have watched and this one). He has skills and talent but that doesn't make you a productive college basketball player, IMO.

All this being said -- it's very early.

Even Goodine's misses are RIGHT on target. I think he might be better off the ball at this point in his development. But his future is at point. He and Girard compliment each other well, two guards. Not a point and a shooting, but just two guards.

Even Goodine's misses are RIGHT on target. I think he might be better off the ball at this point in his development. But his future is at point. He and Girard compliment each other well, two guards. Not a point and a shooting, but just two guards.

Which is exactly what we need. Guards who can play.

Hope Boeheim has a quick hook early on this year and plays the best guy, rather than forcefeeding players earmarked for those positions.