Italy Game #3 (SU 115-56) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Italy Game #3 (SU 115-56)

I wouldn’t say this was a waist of time but I certainly thought these games would be more competitive.
I like our shooting our free throw shooting wasn’t great today but other than that pretty good effort.

1566042318335.png

I wouldn’t say this was a waist of time but I certainly thought these games would be more competitive.
I like our shooting our free throw shooting wasn’t great today but other than that pretty good effort.
Confidence can go a long way, especially with a young team and facing the defending national champs early in November

These guys just started playing together 2 months ago; so to get the extra practices as well as extra games vs another jersey is huge

Hope this last team they play has at least one guy who has the talent to be a Division I player.

I honestly think we have some very good depth and it could be a strength. Between Buddy, Carey, Girard and Goodine at guard, Dolezaj, Hughes, Guerrier and Braswell at forward, Sidibe & Edwards, that’s 10 guys.

Braswell might be the odd man out at F, and Edwards may not be ready to play in the ACC, but we still have 8.5 guys that should be able to compete against better teams.

Just don’t gave the one guard who can do it all yet. Maybe someone develops into that.

I am very encouraged to see us pushing the ball down the court, running and being agressive on offense.

Even if it is only summer exhibitions against sub standard opposition, it is great to see. Really like how well everyone on this team seems to pass the ball as well. It bodes well for the future.

I am very encouraged to see us pushing the ball down the court, running and being agressive on offense.

Even if it is only summer exhibitions against sub standard opposition, it is great to see. Really like how well everyone on this team seems to pass the ball as well. It bodes well for the future.
I really think this group could be very good even year 2, throw someone like Jackson in there and look out!

There are going to be games where the opposing guards don’t have the foot speed to guard Carey (and the help dee will be bad) where we will be happy to ride him to 25 points or so. Not unlike we used Billy E to abuse smaller guards in the paint (Chris Thomas I am looking at you)

Other games we will be happy to have shooters like Buddy/JG3

There are going to be games where the opposing guards don’t have the foot speed to guard Carey (and the help dee will be bad) where we will be happy to ride him to 25 points or so. Not unlike we used Billy E to abuse smaller guards in the paint (Chris Thomas I am looking at you)

Other games we will be happy to have shooters like Buddy/JG3
When Jalen learns how to change pace, he’ll be deadly. Going against competition like today he can rely on the blow by but vs UVA, etc hell have to vary his pace to be more effective

Cautiously optimistic because the last few years, but I can’t help but love the make up of this team. Lots of unselfish guys, lots of shooters, they seem to fit well together.

Also, Sid looks to have his bounce back. He has to have close to 10 blocked shots in the corner where he recovered from under the hoop. If he can be that guy to rebound, defend, and stay out of foul trouble, we have a solid chance to be better than we could have imagined.

When Jalen learns how to change pace, he’ll be deadly. Going against competition like today he can rely on the blow by but vs UVA, etc hell have to vary his pace to be more effective
Agree

I am actually less optimistic about Carey than others so I am just trying to look at the bright side :):cool:

If everyone buys into their roles, the team could be pretty good at the end of the year.

And if everyone stays for 2020-21, they could be back in the mix for the Top 15-20.
Somebody has to go if Jackson signs because we will have 14 scholarship players.

From the article linked above:

“Coach loves when I get out in transition – he loves when anybody gets out in transition,” Carey said. “Just run. That’s how we want to play this year."

Let's hope so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom