Italy games | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Italy games

Trip of a lifetime for these kids.

Lake Como is stunning.
Venice is unique.
Florence is beautiful.
Rome is majestic.

I am biased but I believe that Santa Maria del Fiore is THE most beautiful church in the world - from the exterior. The combination of it, the campanile and the Battistero is truly one of the great trifectas in the world.

Going to be tough for JB to go back to the Olive Garden in Greensboro.

This was a great piece by Donna. She is right, we have learned a lot from that tour. Ya ya, I know Boeheim said we can’t draw any conclusions but I think we can. It’s a start!

I loved so many things about this team. I am so happy for Sidibe!! (And Boeheim implied Akok is even better?) Guerrier was a revelation to me. Wow! They passed the ball to each other, no more dribble dribble yawn boink BUZZ (shot clock expires). And how about Goodine? I could go on, but I won’t because it’s just fawning nonsense, but let’s just say that I am looking more forward now to the season than I was in July.

Trip of a lifetime for these kids.

Lake Como is stunning.
Venice is unique.
Florence is beautiful.
Rome is majestic.

I am biased but I believe that Santa Maria del Fiore is THE most beautiful church in the world - from the exterior. The combination of it, the campanile and the Battistero is truly one of the great trifectas in the world.

Going to be tough for JB to go back to the Olive Garden in Greensboro.
I love seeing all these pictures. We vacationed in Italy for two weeks in June and went to most of the same places—Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan—and saw many of the same sights. Only difference is that we went to the Mediterranean for several days and stayed at a farmhouse in Tuscany and they went to Lake Como. Looks like they had an incredible trip!

More from Boeheim on the trip: Learned: “We’re better defensively than I thought we’d be. Boeheim also singled out junior forward Bourama Sidibe. “He’s finally healthy. He hasn’t been healthy in 2 years. He averaged 12 rebounds per game on the trip.”

Boeheim said they played with a 24-second shot clock … and he’s in favor of college going to the 24-second shot clock. “Everyone wants the game to be faster. That’s the best way and the easiest way to do it.”

Boeheim is confident that Elijah Hughes can take the next step and become the go-to guy. “He’s ready to take over the leadership. He shot 38 percent from 3 and can get his shot anytime he wants. He’ll get the most shots on the team.”

Boeheim on whether he’ll play a significant amount of man-to-man defense after playing about 15 mpg on the trip: “I think we’ll play some man this year - especially in the non-conference and see how it goes.” Both Marek Dolezaj and John Bol Ajak did not play on trip.

More from Boeheim on the trip: Learned: “We’re better defensively than I thought we’d be. Boeheim also singled out junior forward Bourama Sidibe. “He’s finally healthy. He hasn’t been healthy in 2 years. He averaged 12 rebounds per game on the trip.”

Boeheim said they played with a 24-second shot clock … and he’s in favor of college going to the 24-second shot clock. “Everyone wants the game to be faster. That’s the best way and the easiest way to do it.”

Boeheim is confident that Elijah Hughes can take the next step and become the go-to guy. “He’s ready to take over the leadership. He shot 38 percent from 3 and can get his shot anytime he wants. He’ll get the most shots on the team.”

Boeheim on whether he’ll play a significant amount of man-to-man defense after playing about 15 mpg on the trip: “I think we’ll play some man this year - especially in the non-conference and see how it goes.” Both Marek Dolezaj and John Bol Ajak did not play on trip.
Okay, wait, seriously. Has time started flowing backwards? Did a huge solar flare hit the earth?? Are dogs and cats . . . Well, you know. Boeheim says we might play a little man? I’ve only been paying attention to SU basketball since 1987. Has he ever said that before?

Okay, wait, seriously. Has time started flowing backwards? Did a huge solar flare hit the earth?? Are dogs and cats . . . Well, you know. Boeheim says we might play a little man? I’ve only been paying attention to SU basketball since 1987. Has he ever said that before?

When JB says "we might play a little man" I think he was talking about Michael Edwards.

between 1987 and part of the 1996 they did mix in some MTM.

I always like the team bonding that goes with these types of trips. Having Sidibe healthy is absolutely huge. If Carey can figure out how deep to take the ball to the hole and dish or finish this will be one very exciting year. If they can rebound, get steals and run...even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom